Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the elise 111R?
Thanks..:confused:

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
It was the European (all non-US, really) equivalent of the Federal Elise. It had the Toyota motor, but the older S2 interior.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
It was the European (all non-US, really) equivalent of the Federal Elise. It had the Toyota motor, but the older S2 interior.
Older S2 Interior? What's the differerence between our interior and their's? I didn't notice anything significant

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Wait...I thought we have the 111R: 2006 Lotus Elise 111R | RSportsCars.com
Nope. Our car is officially just 'Elise'. In the UK and elsewhere, several models were available at the same time. The 111R was badged as such and had the running gear same as our cars, but had the old, no-airbag, speakers where the cubbys are, radio in front of the passenger interior.

Also according to the Lotus Book S3, the 111r is the Type 120, while our Elise is the Type 121. The 111r was codenamed 'Zolder' and the Federal car 'Croft', something you can see in the service manual headers.

Here's a picture of the 111r interior. Look where the speakers, head unit and the air vents are. Look where the airbags aren't...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Of note, as of the 2007MY, all European 111R cars adopted the Elise R badge and adding a new 1ZZ-powered variant: the Elise S.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
111 = elise

R, S etc are varing specs of elises s1 and s2 over time

111R is the S2 elise with the toyota 2gzz thingy

111R federalized - is a 111r in US market trim and spec. - there are differences in 111R's based on the market sold in.

i get confussed about the exige and super charger stuff though :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts