The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iceman- said:
Your impressions?
Is the 111R fast as other old Elises in track's use?
Is it better or worse?
It was certainly quicker than the 111s and vx220 na and cornered harder than both which was suprising.

The only issue I had was keeping the car 'on cam' through the corners. A 3rd gear corner on cam would be approching 80mph which would have been pushing too hard for my first outing.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Perhaps just because they are different than ours, but I really like the long narrow license plates. Even the front one doesn't look too offensive.

Nice pictures. Thanks.

Don't worry about clogging up things, just keep posting photos!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Iceman- said:
Had your car get sport pack suspensions? it's more lowered than mine saffron yellow 111R, is it right?
no its on standard suspension, the last shot was taken just exiting a corner so the car is leaning towards the photographer.
:D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Do we get those mudguards behind the front wheel as well? I think this is the first time I've seen these.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Looking at that last pic I can't believe your car is not on the bump stops in that turn, but it probably wasn't else the handling would have probably been very strange. When I looked at an LSS car here at a show it was set to the lowest position and it had like ~3/8 inch of travel left in the rear, and your car looks even lower on the side shown. I wonder if the bump stops are very soft or something, just seems hard to believe that you are not on them (at least in the rear) from that pic lol. Scary thing is if you were turning the other way you would be on the outside edge of the car and the car would lean even more lol.
Nice action shots!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts