The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys ive had my Lotus 6 days, achieved 620 miles so up to 6000 revs and to be fair... its awsome! Just a few problems i have found which the dealer is going to sort out Thursday...

1. The leak on the passenger side is so bad it sets the alarm off (Great british summertime!)
2. The reverse lever sticks so when you think you in first your actully in reverse
3. The radio ariel is so low in the car you dont get much signal on the DAB
4. The steering wheel rub's with the housing
5. Stalls sometimes even when warm
6. Fed up with suburu drivers trying to race me (Cant blame the dealer i guess)

To be fair im not to bothered as the performance is great, the car is the best i have even owned and when these very minor problems are fixed it will be perfect... But just thought i would share my experiance so far...

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Marks-111r said:

2. The reverse lever sticks so when you think you in first your
5. Stalls sometimes even when warm

I'd be really concerned with these two problems. Have you ever found yourself going backwards when you really wanted to go forard?:huh: Any idea what's causing the stalling?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twice i have gone backwards, the third time the guy behind me beeped me and i realised what he was trying to say... The stalling i have no idea, happened about 12 times now, i spoke to the dealer and they havnt seen it before, i guess they will tell me thursday:(

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Marks-111r said:
Twice i have gone backwards, the third time the guy behind me beeped me and i realised what he was trying to say... The stalling i have no idea, happened about 12 times now, i spoke to the dealer and they havnt seen it before, i guess they will tell me thursday:(
:(

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
The stall issue hopefully can be solved w/ an idle adjustment and the gear engagement could be a glitch w/ the reverse collar mechanism. What am I missing that warrants the grave responses? I'm ignorant, not challenging here.

edit- My Corrado had the reverse very close to first and would "stick" occasionally as well, but in the very first cm of clutch take-up I would realize I was in reverse so there was never really a safety issue, just an embarassment issue at traffic lights.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well im sure its minor issues, if i was to reverse into someone i would be a little upset but i just have to make an effort to keep checking it, i also have the 1000 miles service thursday so i need to find 380 miles from somewhere... a drive to wales should do it!

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
the 6spd Celica GT-S has a "reverse beep" that lets you know that you're in reverse & not in first. After driving the car for a few miles, it's obvious where reverse is, so the beeping gets annoying.

glad to hear they didn't put that in the 111r.

you have to lift up on a ring on the shifter 'shaft', correct? You don't have to do that on the Celica.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah thats right, you lift it up as its in the far left of the box, even when you push it down which it should do on its own it still finds reverse... Glad it doesnt have that beep, that would drive me a little nuts..

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
Marks-111r said:
Glad it doesnt have that beep, that would drive me a little nuts..
you have NO idea. ;)

people would sit in the car, and wonder where the freight truck was at, and why it sounded so close. haha

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
hi mark,

sorry to hear you are having problems, seems very odd to me.

can you post pics of your midnight blue 111R in the sunlight when you have time?

thanks!
ara

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
a BIT dirty?:D :D :D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Mark
Great to see you drive the car in alll weather!

Kind of surprised about the leak, All other reports were that that problem had been eliminate.
Cheers
Chris

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well its the best way to get the miles up, if i was to wait for the sun in england it would remain on the drive until september:D

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
mark,
thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Mark,

Could you post a couple of pictures of the interior in a light rain? I'd be interested in seeing the rate of encroach of the deluge...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts