The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have married into a 2007 Lotus Elise and my wife is telling me that the routine maintenance check up for 12,000 miles is going to cost $1,000. I have a SL500 that can get expensive at times but I can say $1,000 for a maintenance check seems outragous. We live in Southern California and wondering what peoples experiences and advice are regarding the servicing and cost.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have married into a 2007 Lotus Elise and my wife is telling me that the routine maintenance check up for 12,000 miles is going to cost $1,000. I have a SL500 that can get expensive at times but I can say $1,000 for a maintenance check seems outragous. We live in Southern California and wondering what peoples experiences and advice are regarding the servicing and cost.
Question, does your wife happen to want to take it in for service herself? If so, I can see why she's saying that :D

All kidding aside, I don't see a reason to take it in for service at 12K miles other than for oil service and I don't see ANY service on the Elise costing $1K unless you're doing brakes, tires, oil, etc.

PS-Average interval service should be around $350

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
The service intervals are multiples of 7,500 miles, so I don't see where the 12K service is coming from any way.

M

·
0 Posts
$1000 -eek-

Most of the stuff you can do yourself. However if you can't then this is what they will check before 20,000 miles.

engine oil and filter. check for leaks
other oil level ex: brakes, coolant levels
check for any fault codes
inspect hoses for leaks
check for brakes pad / rotor and adjustment
check for suspension, balljoint, wheel bearing
and other visual check ups.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
My 15K service was about $300, would have been a bit more, but I had just flushed the brake fluid myself so I asked them not to do that portion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts