The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally brought an Evora S after a year of searching for my next sport car. I left the dealership in Wexford, PA at 6:30 pm last Friday and arrived at home around 6:15 am Saturday morning. My original plan was to drive for about 5 hours and check into a hotel for a good night sleep and continue the journey home in the morning. However, my journey didn’t go according to plan due to the following: My heart was pumping by the liter and my ride was so enjoyable.

It was raining for the first 6 hours and the road has lots of twisty over the mountains in West Virginia/Virginia. I engaged the engine on the way to the top and let my car roll down in neutral. I was passing everyone going down the mountain winding roads – other cars had to brake in order to prevent from flipping over the side of the mountain. I was fully alert and my heart was pumping adrenaline though my veins. The car handled so well and I felt like I’m one with the car. It felt so good passing everyone on the road.

The seat is very comfortable and luxurious made of very high quality leather, much better than my 06 Elise seat. It contours my body extremely well, like it was tailored for me. (I'm 5’-9”) I can feel the support for my lower back, upper back, and the side bolsters hold my ribs in place. Every time I drive my minivan for more than an hour, I have to get a lower back support pad. But with the Evora, I feel so comfortable sitting in the seat driving continuously.

I stopped twice for gas and to have dinner. Everyone was looking at my car. A teenage girl said “Your car is the most beautiful car I have ever seen” and asked for my permission to have a detail look around the car. Other people also comments on the car and all were very nice compliments. At a rest area stop, a father told me his sons wondered how fast can it go. I told him that I can’t really drive more than 90 on the roads here but some folks that I watched on youtube did 180 on the roads in Europe.

I had tested drive an NA before, but I wanted more power in the S. When I’m cruising in 6th gear in an S approaching 80 mph, I noticed that I have to be careful in applying pressure to the gas pedal. It seems like the supercharger/engine easily wanted to go faster beyond 80 if I’m not careful. This was not the case for the NA or the Elise that I have own before. This is the similar feel that I had felt in my Subraru STi. It felt great to have the extra power when needed.

I always get tired and sleepy after about 5 hours of driving. This is what I had experienced in diving my family to the beach in Florida every year. Therefore, I came up with the plan of driving my Evora home half way on Friday and the other half on Saturday. I though I would be very tired from the long day since I came to work in the office at 8 AM. However, driving the Evora through the twisty, wet hwy, in the mountain that night had made my body produced so much adrenaline and energy that I was on full alert on all my senses. What’s the point of checking into a hotel room if I wasn’t tired or sleepy? I felt so great and full of energy driving the car that is so nimble and fast. Thus, I drove home straight for 12 hours. It could also be that I was anxious to get home or the good feeling of owing a new car. What ever it is, I had a wonderful, memorable time driving home. Even when I got home, I still have the plenty of energy to wash/detail the car and talk to my neighbor.

Attachments

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Love the color combo. Would have loved the Venom red interior on my car but it was not available for MY11.
great story
Enjoy

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congratulations! The car looks great and your initial bonding experience will certainly stay with you! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy.

·
Registered
689 Posts
My wife and I had the exact experience and feelings driving home straight thru 850 miles. I must admit I was so hiped I didn't really want to stop to eat and turn the car off. I did tho and had numerous questions also.. Congrats and have a blast with it. This forum will help you so much you'll love the whole experience. :UK:

·
Registered
7,251 Posts
Way nice!

·
Registered
2008 Exige S240
3,072 Posts
Very nice..I bought an Exige about 4 months ago and drove it back from Nashville, TN to Wilmington, DE. ...800 miles:facepalm

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Congrats on your new Evora and nice write up. Over the years, this kind of purchase/road trip story is slowly eroding my resistance of possibly owning an Evora. Maybe in a few more years, when I can't get in/out of my Elise.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Congratulations! Car looks fantastic!

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
they do flutter the heart - longest i have done is about 3 hours but as you note, all the regular seating issues i have had before were not an issue.

i had to have the adaptive 18 point switchable positions in my turbo 911 to be as comforatable

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Awesome story, congrats!!

I told you it would be a fun ride home;)

It's funny but I could have written that story word for word. I like what you said about the STI, I had one for a brief period and the S has that instant shove like the STI when you want it; but wait until you can use all the revs on the S:D

I just hit 1000 miles on mine today and it's such a good long distance car

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I finally brought an Evora S after a year of searching for my next sport car. I left the dealership in Wexford, PA at 6:30 pm last Friday and arrived at home around 6:15 am Saturday morning. My original plan was to drive for about 5 hours and check into a hotel for a good night sleep and continue the journey home in the morning. However, my journey didn’t go according to plan due to the following: My heart was pumping by the liter and my ride was so enjoyable.

It was raining for the first 6 hours and the road has lots of twisty over the mountains in West Virginia/Virginia. I engaged the engine on the way to the top and let my car roll down in neutral. I was passing everyone going down the mountain winding roads – other cars had to brake in order to prevent from flipping over the side of the mountain. I was fully alert and my heart was pumping adrenaline though my veins. The car handled so well and I felt like I’m one with the car. It felt so good passing everyone on the road.

The seat is very comfortable and luxurious made of very high quality leather, much better than my 06 Elise seat. It contours my body extremely well, like it was tailored for me. (I'm 5’-9”) I can feel the support for my lower back, upper back, and the side bolsters hold my ribs in place. Every time I drive my minivan for more than an hour, I have to get a lower back support pad. But with the Evora, I feel so comfortable sitting in the seat driving continuously.

I stopped twice for gas and to have dinner. Everyone was looking at my car. A teenage girl said “Your car is the most beautiful car I have ever seen” and asked for my permission to have a detail look around the car. Other people also comments on the car and all were very nice compliments. At a rest area stop, a father told me his sons wondered how fast can it go. I told him that I can’t really drive more than 90 on the roads here but some folks that I watched on youtube did 180 on the roads in Europe.

I had tested drive an NA before, but I wanted more power in the S. When I’m cruising in 6th gear in an S approaching 80 mph, I noticed that I have to be careful in applying pressure to the gas pedal. It seems like the supercharger/engine easily wanted to go faster beyond 80 if I’m not careful. This was not the case for the NA or the Elise that I have own before. This is the similar feel that I had felt in my Subraru STi. It felt great to have the extra power when needed.

I always get tired and sleepy after about 5 hours of driving. This is what I had experienced in diving my family to the beach in Florida every year. Therefore, I came up with the plan of driving my Evora home half way on Friday and the other half on Saturday. I though I would be very tired from the long day since I came to work in the office at 8 AM. However, driving the Evora through the twisty, wet hwy, in the mountain that night had made my body produced so much adrenaline and energy that I was on full alert on all my senses. What’s the point of checking into a hotel room if I wasn’t tired or sleepy? I felt so great and full of energy driving the car that is so nimble and fast. Thus, I drove home straight for 12 hours. It could also be that I was anxious to get home or the good feeling of owing a new car. What ever it is, I had a wonderful, memorable time driving home. Even when I got home, I still have the plenty of energy to wash/detail the car and talk to my neighbor.
Wow, what a cool looking car, I almost ordered the 2011 version of that color combination. Can we see a few more photos of the interior?
Ron:UK:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts