The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not because I want to, because I need the cash for some car that will be here soon.

125cc built motor, approx 42hp.
CRG/Renspeed Chassis 1999.
Very lightly used, never crashed.

Vertical stand.
Horizontal stand.

Many spares, tools, etc.

$2900.00 including training at SoCal tracks.

Trailer available also.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I'm interested in karting, but don't know where to get started... and I don't know if there's much of a following out here on the east coast. I realize that the 125cc karts are the big boys, but are there classes that are legal for newbies? I'd be interested in your kart if I could figure out the answers to those questions...

Cade

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Step 1 is to determine what you want to do with a new kart. If it's to go wheel-to-wheel racing, then find out what your local karting association is and talk to them about classes and racing series.

What you will most likely find out is that a non-shifter, smaller cc class is more well subscribed.

The F125 CC Shifter is the kart for autocrossing, ProSolo, and track days when you just want to go fast.

Some regions/areas do have an active shifter class.

Note, learning to drive a kart is not easy. Learning to drive a shifter it a lot harder. Many people will recommend you start out with a non-shifter kart so you can concentrate on steering and the pedals.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Wheel to wheel IS what I want. And I fully realize that it won't be easy, that's one of the reasons I'm interested.

I appreciate the info! Do you know any links for karting organizations? I'll keep clicking through googled links in the meantime.

Thanks,

Cade

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two changes, kart was improved by some changes yesterday and price was reduced.

Kart originally cost me $4200 18 months ago. Since then I have rebuilt the brakes, upgraded the steering wheel (alancatara), upgraded the muffler, and add some extras like another set of rims and parts.

Big pic-
http://www.trix.com/gallery/moran-karts/IMG_8607

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
For anyone considering this kart, I saw it in action yesterday and can tell you it's very very quick ! Lillie got to drive it, and she was surprised how well it cornered compared with the karts we were driving (which were not bad at all BTW).

I'd love to buy it Randy but I don't think I'm ready for a shifter yet and I've got to reign in my spending a bit if I'm going to be able to afford the Elise. :p

Mike

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks like it might be sold. Someone is coming over Sunday morning to look at it.

Sadly.

I will buy another. First buy Elise, and get new product in development. Buy a new kart later.

My Mercedes is for sale too. And 500 DVDs. :)

$47k by July. No pressure.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I've had a DVD player forever and still only own one DVD. :D

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kart has been sold.

*tear*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts