The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 V6 Cup car. I romoved the passenger seat and installed a Cool Shirt cooler. I removed the
console cover and found a hot wire not being used but it only had 11V. It would not run the water pump
in the cooler. I'm using the cigarette power supply for Aim logger and camera. Looking for advice for a easy
to get 12V power.

Thanks Lee

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
There are also no 11V sources. That 11V will probably be 0V when you apply any load and 12V whenever it is turned on (guessing it was in the 'off' position when you measured it with no load applied)

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Also be careful where you try to pick up ground, anodize is not perfectly conductive and some odd places seem to not be a good ground.

If it is the same as the 4 cylinder cars, you can sneak out with the shifter cables, through the chassis under the sill, or there is an official grommet behind the driver seat above the fuel tank in the corner. All get you to the battery.

I know on the passenger side, it is super easy to get from the dash corner to the area above the wheel arch liner

·
Registered
730 Posts
Run a wire from the battery with an inline fuse and run your own fuseblock for seperate racing accessories. Then you can get any amount of power you want, and use the right guage wiring and fuses (switchable breakers are even better)

It sounds tough but it's literally running 1 wire from the battery with an inline fuse (breaker) and one heavy gauge wire to a ground. Sometimes thats cleaner and easier than taking things apart trying to find an appropriate 12v source.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Run a wire from the battery with an inline fuse and run your own fuseblock for seperate racing accessories. Then you can get any amount of power you want, and use the right guage wiring and fuses (switchable breakers are even better)

It sounds tough but it's literally running 1 wire from the battery with an inline fuse (breaker) and one heavy gauge wire to a ground. Sometimes thats cleaner and easier than taking things apart trying to find an appropriate 12v source.
I will give that a try. Fuse block and switches for other accessories is a great idea.

Thanks Lee

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the help.
I ran a 10 gauge wire with fuse from the battery to a relay harness. Then to a 4 gang lighted switches in a nice aluminum housing. Cool shirt and aim solo 2 works great with a switch for camera and one extra.

Thanks again Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts