The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off the phone with Desert European and heard that their demo "Should" get here in the next week to 10 days.

I am #14 and have been told to expect my car the first week or two of October. It was July 15th - August 1st, but obviously that didn't happen.

Was told that the "star shield" option only makes the dealer $299 as they are charged $700 by Lotus. I was also informed that both the Stage I and Stage II exhausts should pass CA emmissions requirements as they are post cat. systems.

In an earlier conversation they had planned on putting the Stage I exhaust on their demo, will be interesting to hear how it sounds.

They only contact customers when our cars reach the San Diego distribution center.

The stage II exhaust will be $695 + about $80 to $100 in installation charges. Total around $800....starting to lean away from the Stage II in lieu of an aftermarket one....

....how likely will it be that an aftermarket company like HKS will build an aftermarket, HP increasing, exhaust? Is it possible to tweak the exhaust to squeeze out another 5 hp?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Jasonv44 said:
....how likely will it be that an aftermarket company like HKS will build an aftermarket, HP increasing, exhaust? Is it possible to tweak the exhaust to squeeze out another 5 hp?
I think it is very likely... and we know some of our sponsors like Racing and Prestige are working on aftermarket exhausts.

I have owned an HKS on my MR2. Took it off. No HP gains, though they claimed 5hp. And it was heavier than stock.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
hey Jason

thanks for the update! Pat asked me to call him after Aug. 10 to make an appointment to drive the demo. i'm #28 and was told December. I don't think that would be accurate. I'm guessing Jan/Feb now.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Randy, good to know that there are aftermarket exhausts in the works. So you don't recommend HKS? I personally don't know much about them, except that they seem to be popular in some circles.

Yeah Shay, I think we both were delayed a lot. I'll probably pop by Silverstar for a test drive, but may shoot over to Desert sometime as well. It's quite a bit farther, but would be nice to meet everyone there to get a clearer sense of the dealership.

So far I have been 100% satisfied with them, Pat has always been upfront and seems honest. My spot hasn't changed and they aren't getting any "Gift" cars...that they know of.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Jasonv44 said:
I am #14 and have been told to expect my car the first week or two of October. It was July 15th - August 1st, but obviously that didn't happen.
Must be fresh info. I talked to Pat @ DE on Wednesday and he still didn't have any info on the demo, or when my car might arrive. Last word was July/August.. looks like you just dashed my hopes for that. :( Dashed them to pieces..

They had a Lotus Rep there last week.. seems odd they wouldn't know their allocation by now.

Lotus, if you're listening, PLEASE give Pat Marsh a call at DE and let him know how many cars to expect. Please? I'm begging now. I'll wash cars. I'll sweep floors. Anything not involving CheezWiz. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL, I'll join GroundLoop if it will help! Yeah, Pat wasn't sure, but was estimating...I don't think they have yet heard that their demo is in port.

I did read on another thread that there was "supposedly" a cargo ship carrying some of the cars off Long Beach waiting to off load, as with just about everything it was delayed.

Their Demo might be in this bunch...at least I HOPE SO!

Hey Ground, what number are you at DE?

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Jasonv44 said:
LOL, I'll join GroundLoop if it will help! Yeah, Pat wasn't sure, but was estimating...I don't think they have yet heard that their demo is in port.
And that's really The Problem right there. It's all estimates and hearsay. Lotus CAN NOT continue to say "ask your dealer" while telling my dealer nothing useful. Arghh..

Hey Ground, what number are you at DE?
Before you. :) Our cars will be on the same boat, unless they get shuffled or 'gifted'.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I HOPE NOT! I expected to pickup this car 2 to 3 weeks ago. I will NOT be happy if I am shuffled and don't get the car until Nov./Dec. for any reason.

At least most of us here are unanimous. everyone is TIRED of the wait, the lack of information and the overall uncertainty of when we are actually getting the cars we order months and years ago.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Jasonv44 said:
Hey Randy, good to know that there are aftermarket exhausts in the works. So you don't recommend HKS? I personally don't know much about them, except that they seem to be popular in some circles.

Yeah Shay, I think we both were delayed a lot. I'll probably pop by Silverstar for a test drive, but may shoot over to Desert sometime as well. It's quite a bit farther, but would be nice to meet everyone there to get a clearer sense of the dealership.

So far I have been 100% satisfied with them, Pat has always been upfront and seems honest. My spot hasn't changed and they aren't getting any "Gift" cars...that they know of.
yeah Silver Star in 2 weeks will be 5 min. from my home, whereas DE is 170 miles. But I highly recommend visiting. It is very nice. I hope they'll let us test drive the car. Maybe someone on this Forum who's with SS can hook us up.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
In the most recent communique from John English he mentions, "The allocation volume we announced in Feb. has a one month delay. This means our original plan to cover production from 'April - August' now means that this volume will apply to
'May - September' and those vehicles will arrive at your dealerships in October. We
will be calculating the next allocation in the coming weeks. By then you should know how many cars will be produced for your dealerships ' October - December'."
Note: If the September allocation is slated for delivery in October, then October thru December production must
mean delivery for this 2nd wave of cars during 'November, December, and January'. Since the letter was dated July 7th, it is now believed that this updated info will become available around 8/15.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts