The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to search for this, but any way I tried to word my search, the 15" portion of the text got dropped from my search...

I have some 15" x 7" ET30 SSR Type Cs from my road racing CRX. I have sets with Hoosier A6s, Toyo R-888s and RA-1s, all in 205/50/15. Has anyone tried running 205/15/15s up front with 225/45/15s in the rear, or 205/50/15s all around? This would be a preferable setup for me as I have lkots of 205s, but if those would be insufficient out back, the 225/45/15s would also fit the CRX, and I wouldn't have to buy any additional rolling stock.

Looking forward to getting the Lotus on the track. I've just reached the end of the break in mileage, and have a track day scheduled in a couple of weeks. I've seen some posts that the base suspension is too soft for R-compound tires, but to what end? I can see un-weighting a rear wheel in really tight low speed corners, but if you're smooth and patient with the throttle that should me managable. Am I missing something?

FWIW, I fully intend to upgrade the shocks / springs if and as needed, but not until I evaluate the car as Lotus delivered it. The boys at Hethel are renowned for their suspension design and setup work, so I have to believe the car is pretty good as delivered, even if it is somewhat compromised for the street.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Martin

·
Registered
157 Posts
You may want to do some research on tire stagger issues. I read a post that said Lotus with same size front and rear will have problems with traction control kicking it. Rears need to be taller. As you know, 205/50-15 and 225/45-15 Hoosier A-6's are the same diameter. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts