The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing people get $300+ bills for the first service I am happy that my local dealer is Ascot. $157 out the door and they were done in an hour. The whole break-in thing people have been talking about is an old wives tale. My dealer told me that all they did was plug in and see if there were any service lights. If everything is clear then you are good to go. I had the car above the limits a few times and it had no impact on my warranty. Has anyone ever even been denied their warranty?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
They have to do a printout and send it to Lotus in order to validate your waranty. If they just plugged in the thing to check for warning lights, without getting the printout, then Lotus might be able to void your warranty.

Just curious, did they give you a breakdown of what the parts and labor costs were? Maybe they were able to find oil filters that dont cost $35 :rolleyes: and oil that isnt $8 a quart. Wish the others dealers would do the same.

Its worth it to spend a hundred or so bucks on a jack and stands to do it ourselves in the future if we are going to get charged $300 a shot for oil changes at the dealerships.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure about the warranty being validated with Lotus since my dealer just told me that everything checked out and had me sign the warranty service certificate. I find it hard to believe that Lotus would start invalidating warranty's for anything but extreme situations. If a bunch of people were being invalidated they would have a mess on their hands which could affect future sales.

My receipt breakdown was as follows:

Labor: 1 hour @ $80.00
Filter: A120E6277S @ $17.26
Oil: 5 Quarts Synthetic Oil @ $50.00

Total: 147.26
Tax: $10.31
Final: $157.57

1 - 4 of 4 Posts