The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All -

I bent my front passenger wheel the other day @ the track, and I have an extra set of 15x7 +30 TE37's I was thinking about using.

Question, if I run staggered sizes, 225/45/15 rears & 205/50/15 fronts, think it'll be an issue?

I saw people are running the cantilevered slicks (I don't even know what that means), on Team Dynamic 1.2 15's - so thought it'd be worthwhile to ask.

Thanks!

John

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cantilever is a suspension design. It incorporates an inboard spring, for space constraint restrictions in most applications.

If the wheel you are replacing is the same width/offset/diameter, then there will be no issue, other than the difference in unsprung mass between the adjacent wheel.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Cantilever slicks are tires made to work on a wheel that normally would be too narrow for the tire width. Formula Ford used them for years because the rules called for 5 1/2 in wide wheels,front and rear, but by designing in stronger side walls that "cantilevered" the 9 in. wide tire out over the skinny rear wheels. The fronts were a more norman 6 to 7 in width.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys on the cantilever explanation. I know I should've googled it, but laziness took over...

Aside, any thoughts on replacing my LSS' with the 15x7's all around? I'm just concerned about the non-staggered width/sizing.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts