The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a recall letter from Lotus and thought I would share in case some did not receive a letter as I am sure it applies to many. Basic details follow but please look up for yourselves for the specific details if you feel you need to take action as a result:

Recall 2019/01R (NHTSA recall #19V-263)

Lotus has decided that 2017 and 2018 model year Evora USA specification vehicles manufactured between Aug 2016 and Dec 2018 fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) Number 2018, "Occupant Crash Protection". It has been determined that the toe board fitted to the front PASSENGER footwell was incorrectly manufactured, resulting in a reduction in stiffness compared to a correctly manufactured toe board.

Apparently in a crash the toe board could deform, potentially increasing passenger movement and possibly resulting in an increased risk of injury to the upper leg area.

Sounds like it will be a half hour job at the dealer - and for me, two hours of travel to get there and back...

Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I got mine yesterday, I don't know when I'll have a chance to schedule it in with the dealer. I'm not terribly worried about it, since I don't start driving until everyone is buckled.

Reactions: Julian73

·
Registered
575 Posts
I live 2.5 hours away from dealer. So I scheduled service a few weeks before I took it in for Spring service (this was a few weeks ago). I hadn't received any notice yet. Dealer told me there was a recall going out soon and already had my new part ready to install for the recall. So big props to AutoEurope in Michigan for being on the ball. I wouldn't have been too happy to receive this notice right after getting back home from the service.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually just got my car back from service last week - no mention of the recall and work not done so I need to go back. You have a good dealer...

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts
Same, 5 1/2 hrs each way to the dealer, Im not going to make a special trip, i) rarely have passenger, ii) always make sure they are buckled in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts