The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attn: anyone who lives in Michigan w/ a deposit at AutoEurope.

My #18 spot may be available for trade (should know today). I'd be looking for a spot in the 30's, preferably.

I'm graduating in May, the "order" time came a little sooner than I was planning. AutoEurope wants $5k (total, including the deposit) to order the car. Order is due by Friday, March 5th.

Please PM me a.s.a.p.

Thanks,

Thomas

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The next spot that I could take would be #43, and they can't guarantee that I would have it this summer.

T.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Just a quick endorsement. I've been trading emails with Thomas most of the day and he seems like a stand-up guy.
I would happily swap spots with him, but I don't graduate until next fall and won't have a garage until we move. I should also use the time to save a more sizeable down payment.
Hopefully Auto Europe will allow him to trade with somebody and two people will end up happy...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Puzzling...

I would have thought that the easy way for a dealer to manage a list like this would be to permit people to voluntarily downgrade to any position below where they are currently. It wouldn't have any effect on people below the target spot, or on people above the mover's current spot. Anyone from the mover's current spot (+1) through the mover's target spot would just move up one spot.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
One would think. They might be deciding whether or not to force him to give up his spot and then sell it to the highest bidder. They may also be worried that he could be charging the person he is trading a premium. They'd have no way of knowing if he were.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, it seems a bit more complicated than that.

Stay tuned.

T.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you sure about the $5000? I am #23 and haven't heard anything at all. I wouldn't mind being #18 if possible.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I spoke with them this afternoon. I'll keep in touch and let you know how they want to shuffle my spot around.

Thomas

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Buck -

did you hear the same details?

Thomas

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yep. $4G's more. Arron sent me the color chart. I didn't ask too much about delivery dates. I figure it will be here when it gets here.

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
>"I didn't ask too much about delivery dates. I figure it will be here when it gets here."

You are a man who knows peace.

Thomas

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
$4k more? So a total of $6k upon placing the order?

·
Registered
6,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The initial deposit started out as $1,000, and to place the order needs a total of $5,000.

Later on, the initial deposit was increased. Still, you only need a total of $5,000 to cement the order.

T.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I follow. I've already pitched $2k into the pot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Did you already know about $5000 required. It bothers me that it wasn't stated up front. $2000 should be enough to order the car, its not like they can't sell it if the buyer backed out.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
relise said:
Did you already know about $5000 required. It bothers me that it wasn't stated up front. $2000 should be enough to order the car, its not like they can't sell it if the buyer backed out.
I didn't know about the extra money at the time of placing the final order until Thomas talked about it here. Does the entire $5k then become non-refundable? I have mixed feelings about the extra money. I think that it is important for the dealerships to know who the serious buyers are but I'd have liked to have known up front (I'd still have placed my deposit). It's not like they're not going to be getting that money from me in short order anyway...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts