The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know what everyone is doing for an 18" wheel/tire track setup for the Evora (I posted this in the track section as well). I was thinking about the Hoosier A6/R6 and want some input on what is available...

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Very relevant question. Would not consider tracking without such a setup. The wheels/tires on the GTS are quite desirable. Saw one at Goodwood last week, started to record the Michelin slick sizes but failed to. My son wants me to get some of those wheels for street and ditch the super bling 19/20s (which I'd keep around for some reason)

uk 011w.jpg

Actually, this whole car for track is the way to go :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
Very relevant question. Would not consider tracking without such a setup. The wheels/tires on the GTS are quite desirable. Saw one at Goodwood last week, started to record the Michelin slick sizes but failed to. My son wants me to get some of those wheels for street and ditch the super bling 19/20s (which I'd keep around for some reason)

View attachment 188035

Actually, this whole car for track is the way to go :D
The same 18" wheels that come with the GTN Kit.
I got mine from VSA Motorsports in Van Nuys, CA.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Slightly OT, but can someone post a pic of the vents behind the front wheel. I would believe they look ace, but want see them in a different angle.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
This car is far too capable for street tires. The Corsas are a great compromise but still not the real deal. Will eventually do research on 18's all around that are affordable to beat on at the track.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
I'm looking for a $1000 18in option for HPDE days.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm looking for a $1000 18in option for HPDE days.
+1

Are there any mustang rims with a high enough offset? I looked around, again, last week but couldn't find anything above +50.

donour

EDIT: The usual suspects of RPF1, FN01RC, and NT03-M aren't available in both a high offset and 5x114. I think volk ce28s area available and maybe SSR Type-Cs, but they are both $2500+.
EDIT: Eyeballing it, s2000 wheels will probably fit with a center bore adapter. Lots of those guys buy 18s for the street, so I'm looking for a set on s2ki.com

·
Registered
223 Posts
Another question. Are folks looking at a specific tire, such as the Conti or Michelin cup that are 18 only?

Anybody considered 17s? Looks like there are some good options from the s2k crowd. Toyo, Yoko, Hoosier, Kuhmo, hankook, and BFG all make a 17" track tire.

donour

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Will 17's fit our calipers?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Will 17's fit our calipers?
The ones we care about should. The AP racing calipers are smaller than the brembo kits that come on a lot of imports these days. I have a set of 17x8.5 SSRs in the back of my garage. If people are interested, I can test fit the fronts.

They are WAY back in the garage, so I need motivation to dig them out. :p

donour

EDIT: *sigh* nope. 17" SSR Type-C wheels don't fit. There is light contact on the brake caliper...Was worth a try.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Thanx for the effort! 18's it is.

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
?? new one on me. I expected to do a more aggressive alignment for track soon anyway as stock Lotus alignments are usually not long term.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You should consider a cambered tire if you can tweek the suspension enough to make it work. You would need -3 to -4deg up front and the same with the rear. SCOTT Cambertire USA Offical Web Page - World Leading Tire Technology The guy you want to talk to is John Scott. He patented the tech and is producing limited sizes. They work incredible!

Good Luck
This is spam/advertising. It's been floating around the internet for years. There's nothing to see here. It's snake oil.

donour

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Let's stay on this as I NEED a reasonable option to track this car. I refuse to put $4000 in tires for an HPDE day. Or use those $4000 wheels on the street and use stock wheels for those thinking that way.

·
Illegal Alien
4,999 Posts
I did track down the remstock factory 5 bolt race 18" race wheels at some Internet store in the uk. Then throught
Motorsport was going to sell same to me for about 400 each. Deal was never consumated I continue to look

·
Registered
223 Posts
Let's stay on this as I NEED a reasonable option to track this car. I refuse to put $4000 in tires for an HPDE day. Or use those $4000 wheels on the street and use stock wheels for those thinking that way.
Did you call CCW? They'll make a custom set for less than $4000. Complete Custom Wheel - Home

Anybody called tirerack yet and got them looking?

donour

EDIT: these look pretty cool, 18x10+65 :UK: Wheel Range

1 - 20 of 63 Posts