The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any strong/reasonably priced 19" rear wheels that fit the Evora 400? Ideally 10" width, but I'd be OK with 9.5" width as well.

I have my set of 18" Team Dynamics wheels that I used on my 2012 Evora S, but the rears are a bit too close for comfort to the 400's larger calipers.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I am unfamiliar with anything that fits your requirements. When I was doing my wheel research last year, finding wheels to fit my 400 was tough so I went with custom size/offset BC Forged wheels from Sherman at Hethelsport. They are not cheap but they really aren't expensive for a fully forged lightweight wheel - less than half of what HREs would run. I went 19/20 but I am sure they could make you a 19 rear.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Would the earlier Lotus forged 19’s (9.5) work?

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Why do you want 19” wheel?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These will be used for the occasional HPDE. 19s are lighter than 20s, and 19" tires are both cheaper and more readily available in the correct sizes than 20s. I would've stuck with my 18" TD wheels front and rear, but for the clearance issue I mentioned in my original post, and also the desired tire sizes being unavailable in the tires I want with the 400s new tire sizing vs the S1 Evora.

·
Registered
294 Posts
texevora - I understand where you are coming from but, for instance, there are a ton of really good 295/30/20 tires available and they are not really any more expensive than something along the lines of a 285/35/19. PS4S, RE71R, S007A, Sport Cup2, etc.

FYI my BC rear wheels are 20x10.5 and only weigh 22lbs, which is quite a bit lighter than the OE forged 20x9.5 wheels (almost 27lbs on my scale). I am running 295/30/20 rear and 245/35/19 front (S007A Bridgestones).

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yep, just for info, my 20x10 aftermarket semi-forged wheels weigh less than the Lotus 19x9.5 fully forged rim.

If weight saving is one of your main goals, I’d look aftermarket rather than Lotus OEM.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@DBG, which aftermarket wheels did you get? Would be curious to know your offsets vs stock (stock is +55 front, +69 rear) and the resulting change in scrub radius.

·
Registered
380 Posts
19" rear wheels for Evora 400?

Hey mate, unfortunately they’re only available in Oz, so not much use to you, but there are heaps or other aftermarket options. Hethelsport would have been way up on my list if postage here wasn’t so expensive. I did post a couple of threads with all the info about 6 months ago.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
By close for comfort???unless you bend a wheel that dimension should not change. Bigger issue to check would be the leading edge of the lower arm

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts

I have my set of 18" Team Dynamics wheels that I used on my 2012 Evora S, but the rears are a bit too close for comfort to the 400's larger calipers.

But they do clear, wheel deflection from side loading will be in the vertical plane this will not close up the caliper clearance. Now what you must bye careful of is the placement of taped weights.

Attachments

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah that's the problem I'm having on the rears. Without weights it BARELY clears. With weights it nicks the calipers, and due to the TD wheels being quite a bit less than ideal from a uniform construction/balance perspective, I have to put weights in that area closest to the calipers.

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts
Yeah that's the problem I'm having on the rears. Without weights it BARELY clears. With weights it nicks the calipers, and due to the TD wheels being quite a bit less than ideal from a uniform construction/balance perspective, I have to put weights in that area closest to the calipers.
Strange, its only my fronts that are tight as the rear brakes are smaller in diameter by 20 mm.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry, massive brain fart. It's the fronts I'm talking about.

I'm actually looking for 19" fronts AND rears now. Fronts due to the brake caliper clearance, and rears due to tire availability (or lack thereof in 18").

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
For track usage, for years I just do static in roughly the center as the balance gets screwed up anyway with clag. With a little skill you could place weights in a far inside and edge only or just at very edges. Some flat lead tape (adhesive ) could work nicely as well. I have my own balancer , so it may take a while to get it right but....

Reactions: Julian73

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts
Sorry, massive brain fart. It's the fronts I'm talking about.

I'm actually looking for 19" fronts AND rears now. Fronts due to the brake caliper clearance, and rears due to tire availability (or lack thereof in 18").
Tire selection is a bitch for the 400 series cars using 18"

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
I will be dealing with the lack of a 275/40R18 R888 this year for first time unless I get lucky and find another set somewhere. We are leaning on Toyo to make the R888r in that size as it gives us the ideal rake. If unsuccessful, I may try 235/35R18 fronts with 275/35R18 rears to maintain the rake. TBD soon as ski season is over.
But I thought front calipers were the same on Na,S and 400 so there should not be issues with weights esp if you try static. At least it has never been an issue for me. I static in center then put a piece of gorilla tape over them.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Evora 400 discs are larger both front/rear vs S1 Evoras.

From Lotus Service Notes:

Evora 400: 370 x 32 mm front discs and 350 x 26 mm rear discs

S1 Evora: 350 x 32 mm front discs and 332 x 26 mm rear discs

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've mentally landed on 19" front and rears, either BC Forged from Hethelsport, or trying to source new/used Lotus OEM wheels (19" fronts from S1 or S2 Evora, and 19" rears from S1 Evora).

If anyone is looking to sell theirs, pls lmk.

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts
Evora 400 discs are larger both front/rear vs S1 Evoras.

From Lotus Service Notes:

Evora 400: 370 x 32 mm front discs and 350 x 26 mm rear discs

S1 Evora: 350 x 32 mm front discs and 332 x 26 mm rear discs
May just be a typo but my Service Notes state 32 mm thick for both F and R on the 4xx series.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts