The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

195/50/16 Tire form Storage

603 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JayM 
#1 ·
195/50/16 - Date Code 4700
Never ran, was mounted - see pics

Tires look as if they have been stored inside
Make offer

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I probably wouldn't even use them to build a tire swing.
Seriously, even if someone bought them, no reputable shop would mount a 19 year old tire.

I am aware of the "no discussion in a for sale thread rule", but this is a safety issue!

#3 ·
That tire is old enough to vote!

Reactions: me73
#4 ·
LOL - you guys are both correct....

Mr.C - there is no way anyone would put this tire on a driver.... heck if you were local i would give it to you

I figure this tire has 3 - maybe 5 purposes left in life... It is basically new and will HOLD AIR...

1) Rolling Chassis build - it holds air and if the correct size - sets your stance and height properly
2) A Flat Spot Queen - we all know a tire flat spot after sitting in the same position all winter - mount this on cheap rim and let the flat spots roll
3) Maybe a burnout - but I don't see too may Lotus drivers doing burn outs - so that may not be likely
oh and
4) modern Car art - ask Mr. May - as Clarkson has no clue
5) new font fender treads for your Ariel Atom?

Seriously - this is not a road worthy tire but if you want it - cover my shipping
This will most likely go to the recycle center

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.