The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite Lotus has always been the Type14 Lotus Elite and when the owner asked to find him something that made since, well..um, of course and showed him this car :drool:

Just arrived and probably will enter a few vintage races before restoring. There's some history with this vehicle as it was driven/owned by the late Bob Akin...sorry the pics aren't that good but I couldn't resist taking it anyways.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Wow! Fantastic.

I'll go ahead and say it, I'm envious.

Have a blast!

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
awesome, looks to be properly set up too - much wantz and hugely jealous

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
When you say "restore" do you mean that you are going to turn it back to road specifications?
Yes, the car was actually registered in NY before so technically speaking it's road legal and has tons of paperwork supporting that fact. It's actually cool to see the back and forth writing between previous owners in the UK, owners in the US including Bob Akin and several other entities dating back since the late 50's to 80's and 90's. Cool black and white photos of #1222 as well from the UK.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
nooo.... leave it as a vintage racer! you can keep it street legal too :)

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nooo.... leave it as a vintage racer! you can keep it street legal too :)
Nothing has been made up yet but the owner of our store really wants to do vintage racing with it. I somehow think he's not keen on restoring it. He says he's not into garage queen vehicles :shift:

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Nothing has been made up yet but the owner of our store really wants to do vintage racing with it. I somehow think he's not keen on restoring it. He says he's not into garage queen vehicles :shift:
i like this man! :clap:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts