The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
$20,000 OBO

Putting this here as Im looking to switchover to a Lotus, so a trade will be considered.

Basic:
1968 Datsun Roadster 2000
  • Numbers Matching U20 Motor & 5-speed.
  • 28,xxx miles shown, true miles unknown. I purchased it with under 26k showing
  • Clean CA title in my name
Fun Stuff:
  • Full Nissan Competition Package including Dual Side Draft Mikuni Carb, Larger front anti-sway bar, Large capacity Oil pan, B-Cam)
  • Custom valved Bilsteins with 'Mike Young' Comp Springs
  • TEM Machine in Napa, CA flowed and custom ported the head
  • Schneider Cams in San Diego, CA cut a custom camshaft thats similar to the B-Cam, but with more exhaust duration
  • House Kyusha Taka in Rancho Cucamonga, CA just rebuilt Mikuni Carbs and tuned them
  • A whole host of new gaskets were installed during this last year while the head was getting worked over
  • Brand New Chains and timing gears were installed during the headwork
  • Engine had been rebuilt sometime in the 70s/80s and currently shows ~140-150psi across the board
  • 14" Minilite Wheels with 205/55/14 Toyo R888 Tires
  • Powdercoated Roll Bar
  • Corbeau Classic Bucket Seats
  • Center Console, arm rest, etc available, if required
  • Spares include axles, water pump, B-cam & rockers, spark plug wires, heater box and more
Car was destined to be my vintage racer, but I dont think I will have the time to dedicate this car to be a 100% racecar and have looked at a Lotus as a possible dual purpose canyon / quarterly track car. Its mechanically SOLID, but cosmetically a 7 because it sat in a barn for 30 years from '87 until 2017 when I brought it back to life. It has some bumps and dings, but the car polishes up wonderfully

(these pics dont show the Corbeaus installed, just my one oldschool Beard Racing Bucket... on Stunt Road )

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Cool car. Used to have one. Might help to post photos of interior, undercarriage and engine bay.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool car. Used to have one. Might help to post photos of interior, undercarriage and engine bay.
Thanks. I can get some pics of the interior and engine bay, but the undercarriage will have to wait because I have no lift or anything. Its spent its life in CA so its dirty with no real rust to worry about. Theres one spot in the pass footwell, I will take pics of it too. The interior is sparse, it had nasty old carpet that I removed, took it all down to metal, POR15 then painted with a khaki flat paint to sort-of match the tan door panels.

Pics coming soon, anything else people are curious to see, just ask.

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got some videos up on YouTube of driving in the canyons. Also considering Caymans too but don’t think that will happen here

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beautiful car. My friend had one. I wish I had room for it.
Thanks, its quite a blast and Im enjoying my time with it because who knows when someone will be serious about buying it... for those who are still hanging around here are my zero budget youtube videos

First drive/ day back after a year or work

Maibu Canyon Run Part 1:

Part 2:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took the car to an autox this weekend. GoPro wasn’t cooperating but still threw something together ...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The urge for a Lotus is growing... anyone want to jump ship to Datsun?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts