The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I have the opportunity to start a project on a 1969 Elan and was wondering if it was worth it and the workload you experts would estimate, I'm very new to car restoration and will need lots of learning to get to the finish line but I want to do it so I'm making this post and looking for answers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I have the opportunity to start a project on a 1969 Elan and was wondering if it was worth it and the workload you experts would estimate, I'm very new to car restoration and will need lots of learning to get to the finish line but I want to do it so I'm making this post and looking for answers.
It takes a lot of time and dedication to restore an Elan, not to mention money. There is a lot more info on this topic at lotuselan.net. I would post photos there and ask for opinions. I had an Elan for many years. The frame was in good shape, so it was reinforced in some areas and painted, but many have bad rust and the frame should be replaced. Then there are all of the mechanicals (engine, gearbox, clutch, brakes, suspension) that probably need to be gone through. But I don't know anything about the car. Paintwork and fiberglass body repair can take a long time and cost a lot. Anyway, I would send you to lotuselan.net and start there with pictures. There is a wealth of info there plus people who are quite helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It takes a lot of time and dedication to restore an Elan, not to mention money. There is a lot more info on this topic at lotuselan.net. I would post photos there and ask for opinions. I had an Elan for many years. The frame was in good shape, so it was reinforced in some areas and painted, but many have bad rust and the frame should be replaced. Then there are all of the mechanicals (engine, gearbox, clutch, brakes, suspension) that probably need to be gone through. But I don't know anything about the car. Paintwork and fiberglass body repair can take a long time and cost a lot. Anyway, I would send you to lotuselan.net and start there with pictures. There is a wealth of info there plus people who are quite helpful.
Thank you man i will

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
Hey Everyone,
Classic Motorsports restored a basket case a couple years ago. Link to article series:

Reactions: SpeedKingg
1 - 4 of 4 Posts