The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1970 Lotus Elan Vintage Racer 26R

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1970 Lotus Elan Vintage Racer 26R
Replica

$45,900.00

Blue Exterior
Black Interior

If you want to be competitive, a Lotus Elan is a great choice in the under 2 liter production class.

This particular Elan was a racecar from early in its life with a South African race history dating back to the early 1970’s.

More recently, this car has been raced by Continental Motors since 1999 and won many class victories, including the 2000 and 2001 BRIC at Road America before being sold.

After a few years under the care of J.R. Mitchell and GMT Racing, this Elan returned to the Continental stable earlier this year.

This lightweight (<1500 lbs) sports car is powered by a full-race Lotus 1600cc twin cam engine, rated at 188 hp.

A Quaife competition close-ratio gearbox is also installed. Full 26R chassis reinforcements were completed by previous owner and well-known vintage racer, Dave Hinton.

Lap times at Road America are consistently below 2:40.

Spares include 2 extra sets of wheels.

All required safety equipment is installed and ready for racing.

The car has raced with the VSCDA, HSR and SVRA vintage racing organizations.

Very complete documentation of the vintage racing history, invoices, and dyno sheet included with purchase.

A rare opportunity to own a very successful racecar at a fraction of its development costs.

Call Jeff at 630-655-3535 for information

Continental Auto Sports - Welcome to CAS

420 E. Ogden Ave
Hinsdale, Il 60521

630-655-3535

Continental Auto Sports - Welcome to CAS
Carnuts Boutique - Ferrari Specialty Items

·
Registered
389 Posts
Looks great! Any idea if it would qualify under SOVREN? Also, by "replica" you mean it was originally an Elan, just "upgraded" to a 26R spec, is that right?

I'm shocked that there have been no responses to this post yet!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry for delayed response.

I can not give you the answers to those questions as I am just the messenger :(

Please contact Dave @ 630-655-3535

1 - 3 of 3 Posts