The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Very nice. Very few Cosworth powered Elans around.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
You might want to learn a bit more about the car before you get someone interested in it. :shrug:

To start, there is no such thing as a 71 Series 1. The car is a 1965 Series 2.
There appears to be a bunch of other misinformation listed as well.

That said, this car is arguably the nicest modified Elan in the country, I know this car pretty well as a friend of mine had it built and I have driven it, it is a rocket ship!

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
mopho beat me to it. I was :huh:... [break cut]Maybe he means as opposed to the M100 which he's considering the series 2 so all the older Elans are series 1? :shrug:[/break cut]

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
That ad dos something that I, personally, find a bit annoying.

That car has not been "restored" it has been highly modified.

"Restored" means that it has been repaired back to "as new" condition. Custom body, custom engine, custom roll cage, custom everything else, is not as it left the factory. It is not a restoration. :(

I've even seen ads for cars with complete engine transplants (i.e. a Chevy V8 in a place of a British four-banger) called "restorations".

Now, there is nothing wrong with modifying a car, but it's not a "restoration" if it's not original... :shrug:

·
Registered
531 Posts
That ad dos something that I, personally, find a bit annoying.

That car has not been "restored" it has been highly modified.

"Restored" means that it has been repaired back to "as new" condition. Custom body, custom engine, custom roll cage, custom everything else, is not as it left the factory. It is not a restoration. :(

I've even seen ads for cars with complete engine transplants (i.e. a Chevy V8 in a place of a British four-banger) called "restorations".

Now, there is nothing wrong with modifying a car, but it's not a "restoration" if it's not original... :shrug:
+1 On that not being a restoration.

But that is the nicest Elan I have ever seen. :bow:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All duly noted. In the process of chewing out my web guy right now. argh....:wallbang:

Despite all this. It's just too cool a car to not at least talk about.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Well... SOME of it has been "restored." It's just that some of it has also been modified a lot.

xtn

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Resto-mod

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I remember seeing this car on the Elan forum - VERY nice. I don't care if it is a resto-mod or whatever, as the guy did a well thought out job on it. It has a 26R replica body, Tony Thompson chassis (if I remember right), and all kinds of other goodies. I had a pretty nice restored Elan, but I would rather have this one hands down. It's not like it has a Chevy V-8 in it, so what's the big deal?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts