The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a rust free 1972 Datsun 240Z with 39k miles it has a clean CA title and runs great. I traded my car for it before the pandemic hit and occasionally take her out for a weekend drive. Get lots of attention and praise more then any car I've owned even been pulled over several times. The guy I traded with found the 240 parked where it sat since 1988 and convinced the family to sell it to him. He added an electronic push start system and I just replaced the worn carpet with a new kit and added a new battery. The passenger window needs a new regulator and handle thats pretty much it. These Datsuns values are on the rise and rare to come by. Really fun to drive but looking to get into a Lotus so if you want to trade send me a message let me know what you have. You can text me at 9167537017. I'm asking $37,500

IMG_6882.jpg
IMG_6885.jpg
IMG_6892.jpg
IMG_6896.jpg
IMG_6900.jpg
IMG_6901.jpg
IMG_6882.jpg

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I had one identical to this car back in the day. These are fun, easy to maintain cars that are now bringing crazy prices. As much as I loved my 240Z, there's no way I'd chose it over my Elise, but some out there may feel differently about theirs. Have you tried Bring a Trailer? People go nuts over 240Zs, especially nice examples like this one!

The best vintage and classic cars for sale online | Bring a Trailer

Reactions: euro2cali

·
Registered
171 Posts
I had one identical to this car back in the day. These are fun, easy to maintain cars that are now bringing crazy prices. As much as I loved my 240Z, there's no way I'd chose it over my Elise, but some out there may feel differently about theirs. Have you tried Bring a Trailer? People go nuts over 240Zs, especially nice examples like this one!

The best vintage and classic cars for sale online | Bring a Trailer
I’m in the same boat here, but man have I always loved the 240/260/280z. I actually think I prefer the classic looks of the Z over an Elise/Exige, but the driving experience of Elise/Exige is an absolute religious experience. Good luck with your sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400, manual
279 Posts
Nice! Boyhood dream car. Remember looking out of the school bus at them...
Sorry only space for one car.

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT - Vivid Green
208 Posts
Agree with @tmr . I'd list it on BaT. Trading it to an owner of a Lotus will limit you to very few Lotus owned by people that might want a Z car, likely a very small percentage of Lotus owners looking to sell their car. Sell it to get full market value and then explore all of the Lotus for sale. Trading to a private seller only makes sense to me if you know your car will be hard to sell, or you know the exact seller's car you want to acquire. YMMV

·
Registered
658 Posts
Super nice Z!

Reactions: euro2cali

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m in the same boat here, but man have I always loved the 240/260/280z. I actually think I prefer the classic looks of the Z over an Elise/Exige, but the driving experience of Elise/Exige is an absolute religious experience. Good luck with your sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know if I keep the Z prices are just going to climb but I've always wanted that lotus driving experience you're talking about so hopefully can become a Lotus owner soon either via trade or sale and purchase

1 - 9 of 9 Posts