1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOTUS ELAN PLUS 2 PROJECT FOR SALE
1972 S130/5
VIN #0254N

I bought this car in 2006 with the intention of restoring it.
I now realize I’m never going to finish it and it should go to a person who will.

The body has been 80 – 90% stripped using a gentle chemical stripper. The doors , light pods and a few other places still need to be done. The body is in very good shape with a small patch of bondo that needs to be fixed. All the glass is included. All the hinges and body hardware and badges are there. The reinforcing members that run under the doors have been taken out, powder coated and put back in place.

The frame/chassis has been powder coated red. All of the suspension has been replaced with new. The rotoflex couplings were replaced with c/v joints. Spyder front wishbones. All new adjustable Avo shocks and new springs front and rear. Differential rebuilt. New steering rack mounts. Original steering rack. All suspension arms powder coated. All new front rotors and calipers rebuilt with stainless steel pistons. Stainless brake lines front and rear. New wheel bearings.

4 new Michelin XAS tires mounted on brand new factory alloy knock offs.

A rebuilt Louts 5 speed, never used, with alloy bell housing and proper length drive shaft.

90% all new interior parts including: beautiful new dashboard, rebuilt and recovered seats, recovered ¼ panels, parcel shelf, and door panels. The rear seats are not new but look good. New carpet set. All interior parts are black. It will need a new headliner but the bows are there.

Brand new correct wiring harnesses.

Plus several boxes of all the original things and other odds and ends I’ve been picking up over the last 6 years. I have the original steel knockoffs as well. All gauges and cables are there.

Basically, you need to supply a motor, finish the body, install the wiring and interior and drive off.

I am trying to sell this as a whole unit rather than piecing it off on Ebay. If there are some parts you don’t want we can negotiate.

I am trying to recover what I have spent on parts; my labor is included at no charge.

I have $14K into it. Let’s negotiate. Photos available for serious inquiries.

CAR IS IN SEBASTOPOL, CALIFORNIA ( NEAR SANTA ROSA )

1 - 1 of 1 Posts