The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This 1972 Europa Twin Cam has been rebuilt with an open check book and three years of personal attention to "make it right" as well as enhance the overall car. No mechanical detail was over looked. The entire frame off rebuild is extensively documented step by step in this rebuild/restoration link:

Restoration of 2358R

Built as a "Fast Road" sports car and is NOT a trailer queen or show car. It weights 1512 lbs with half a tank of fuel, spare tire & wheel & fire extinguisher. With the Twin Cam engine having 147 HP at the crank (have Dyno sheet) this Europa is quick.

Some of you know me well enough to know that the frame off restoration is a real passion for me vs owning the car for the rest of my life. Truth be known, I don't hold onto cars for more than a couple of years and I have had a lot of them.

Here are a few of the details:

Body work & painting to original specification by Vintage Body Works (highly regarded Lotus fiberglass shop). Side marker lights have been shaved.
Engine built by Quick Silver Racing. 147HP/124 ft lbs torque
Custom Headers & Exhaust by Powerflow in England
Four speed transaxle completely rebuilt with all new bearings & seals
Powder Coated Chassis
New Windshield & trim
AVO adjustable coil over shocks and springs
Lotus parts supplied by RD Enterprises & Dave Bean (Classic Lotus parts suppliers in the US)
New interior carpet & Custom Lotus floor mats by Automat in NY
OEM wheels restored by Crimson Wheels

This 1972 Lotus Europa Twin Cam won Second place at the National Owners Gathering 39 (LOG39) concours in Sturbridge Massachusetts, August 24, 2019 and First place at the “Brits at The Village” British car show October 12, 2019.

The Europa comes with a new car cover, three refinished extra aluminum wheels, shop & parts manuals. I have the rear storage bin but it doesn't show in the photos.

Price: SOLD (I have way more invested in parts and outside shop services. At this price the Europa is significantly discounted and my three years of labor if free). It would be very hard to replicate this car......at any price. Located in Princeton NJ
DSCN0722.jpg
DSCN0723.jpg
DSCN0731.jpg
DSCN0732.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Video walk around of this Europa with the engine running. If you think it sounds good idling you should hear it under throttle on the road...…..

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Truly gorgeous

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Jeezzzz I want this car !!!

Just no room. I’ve had to keep an Europa in a storage unit and it was no fun.

This is a special (pun) opportunity to own a classic Lotus.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Appreciate the complements on my 72 Europa. I believe it’s a nicer car than the one that just sold on BAT for over $41K.

Here is a recent photo of my car on the street right before Christmas (the weather in the NE has been very warm this winter).

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My Europa is no longer available on this forum. Will be listed for sale on BAT in about two weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like I said, no longer available on this site. Will be listed on BAT in about two weeks. You can bid on it there.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump. My reserve wasn’t met on BAT (close, but not close enough) So back on the market. If your interested in all the commentary, here is the link:

1972 Lotus Europa Twin Cam

It was 50 degrees in Princeton last weekend, went out for a drive.

·
Registered
7,194 Posts
Was thinking of this car yesterday, what a shame if it went for a song. You look to have done an awesome job.

Yes as a holder of the “Car owner’s virus” I have actually, in my diseased mind, thought of ways to rent storage for another car like when we had our Europa. Almost never had all three Lotus in one place.

My support group has helped me return to sanity. We have a two car garage and seven cars.

I look forward to the right person getting this car and you getting proper money for your efforts.

·
Premium Member
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks XHILR8N! I’m also overloaded with various automobiles. I had 8 this past fall and now I’m down to 5 and once the Europa is sold I’ll be back to a manageable 4. It’s always fun to drive the car you want based on your mood and what your going to do.

Of all the cars I have ever owned (I’ve owned a lot), the Europa attracts the most attention. But it’s time to move on as we are downsizing and that includes a normal 2 car garage. I will still have a Lotus :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts