The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently aquired this car from my grandfather. Its a 72 red Europa, It has been garage kept since 1983. However the car has not run for quite some time. The body is in great shape despite a few cracks in the paint as well as color fade. Chrome is in good shape as well. The interior is mostly disassembled because my grandfather was going to restore the interior. Despite the clutter inside all interior components are in the vehicle. The dash panel was sanded and refinished. I also have another distributer and new exhaust header and exhaust components. The frame of the vehicle is in good shape despite some surface rust. We're asking $4000 for the vehicle OBO. I'm located in Odenton, MD. Feel free to call with any questions (443) 454-5382. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
This looks like a Renault powered Europa. The last year for these was 1971. The rear "flying buttresses" also ended in 1971. My guess is this car is 1971 or earlier.

Jack

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jack. I'm still learning about these cars. The title does say 72. Im still doing my homework. Much appreciated

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
It isn't uncommon for older cars to be titled in the year purchased, not necessarily the year made.

Therefore, a brand new '71 Europa purchased in '72 may have been titled as a '72 instead of a '71.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts