The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone looking for a beautifully, restored 1972 Opel GT. Only 500 miles since restoration. New paint, interior, clutch, tires, carb, and battery. Even the motor and clutch were overhauled. No rust at all, even under the battery (common rust issue for Opels). Asking $16,000. Located in Chicagoland area. Let me know if you are interested.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Had a '70[my first car], '71 and a 69

Course I never paid more than 400 bucks for one......

You are correct about the battery tray.

Had a battery fall clear out of the vehicle while driving, thought I ran something over, looked in the rear view mirror, there was my battery in the middle of the street. Stopped, picked it up and put it in back

Car never stopped running

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a '70[my first car], '71 and a 69

Course I never paid more than 400 bucks for one......

You are correct about the battery tray.

Had a battery fall clear out of the vehicle while driving, thought I ran something over, looked in the rear view mirror, there was my battery in the middle of the street. Stopped, picked it up and put it in back

Car never stopped running
That is hilarious. When did you own yours?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Very nice. :clap:

Wifey had a '72 that we named Kermit (for the froggie headlights.)

I showed her your thread and pictures and said that she needs an Opel GT back in her life. :D

Anyway, good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it a numbers matching car? Can you tell what is not original on the car? I am unable to message as I am a new user.

·
Registered
355 Posts
i LOVE the rear louver window slats!!!! I had a set on my Opel GT back in the 1980's.

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
I learned to drive a standard in my brother's orange '72. And then I taught my wife (then girlfriend) to drive a stick in that car. I loved it!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is it a numbers matching car? Can you tell what is not original on the car? I am unable to message as I am a new user.
Sorry just saw your response. The numbers are matching. The only thing that is not original is the carb, radiator, wheels, and consumables (battery, wiper blades, tires, brakes, suspension, etc.)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a 1970 for 14 years! Had to change the fuel pump all the time, and the Solex carb was horrible, but it was the classic love-hate relationship with the car!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts