The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the 2nd owner of this very fine europa special. it has always been garaged and well maintained in my 35 years of ownership. It has been recently restored to a show quality condition and has won many competitions.I have several thousands of dollars in receipts for the restoration and service over the years.there has been some slight modifications to improve performance and reliability. the original steering wheel comes with the car and not the aftermarket one seen in some of the pictures, also the original headers air box and secondary throttle assembly, filter housing and air tubes will be included if the new owner wishes to return to complete original. I am asking in the $25,000 range and may consider a trade as partial payment if i decide that i am interested.

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts
Can you fill us in on a few more details on the car? As the owner for 35 yrs, did to sit for restoration or was it used, mileage, mileage since restoration, what happened to j
jPS tag, was it an original JPS or reproduction? Sorry but since you are asking prime pricing, the car must be prime.

Any chance you are going to LOG 33

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
europa TC special

I finally have a little time to get back to you. the lotus was purchased by me in 1977 and was originally a Florida car owned by a doctor. i have the original documents and mileage statement and as i recall had about 19,000 miles on it looks to me to be a dealer made not factory JPS. i did a restoration and had it road worthy by the early 80's and drove it for many years. Prior to the restoration i joined lotus West for their tech support and basically a how to improve and make the car more reliable. A second restoration began in the late 90's after a sabotage incident. someone got under the bonnet and added some abrasive material in the engine which resulted in the exhaust cam breaking at the front end. i decided to restore the car again after about 20 years of use. The lacquer paint in had on it was starting to crack and my thinking was to strip it totally and do a tougher more durable imron finish.OK mechanically the engine is new with about 2000 miles on the break in. It has 20 thousandths over sized pistons . 10 thousandths over sized bearings balanced bottom end . new clutch , water pump, oil pump with a pressure uprate kit. the head has new cams, bronze valve guides, new seats and vales and are tri cut for better flow and the head is ported with headers from SCW down in TX. the 4 speed trans axle has new seals and has been synthetic lubed since i have owned it. i have never had any issues with it and it the the later more reliable unit. the 352 unit. Note that these have a different ratio set up than the 5 speeds and were designed more for track use. the suspension was removed rebuilt with new bushings , lower and upper trunions and new u joints and bearings in the drive train. the parts were either powder coated or imron painted. the brake system is done correctly. i have only met one other person with who has that correct and he was a national show winner. the master cylinder and boosters have been resleved new stainless pistons for the front , new kit for the rear drilled front rotors and stainless braided lines and was completely flushed and cleaned and uses dot 5 silicone fluid and of course all new internals and one way pressure valves on the boosters. the interior seats and door panels are very good original and there is new carpet dash pad cover and new heavier gauge teak wood dash facia and clear coated with imron. this car is ready for a daily driver if you would want to use it that way or just keep it for show as i have done. also note that the carbs have been rebuilt and have the B16 needles and there is a new petronics ignition also there is a flat fan installed behind the radiator for better cooling so driver at 95 degree temps are not a problem. The car now has just over 37,000 miles on it and would have to say that it is better and more reliable than new. there are no issues with it and it has never been collision damaged. if you have any more question about the details let me know and of course i have all of the receipts from ownership and restoration. I will try to get more pics up but i am having some difficulty with my computer system and am currently using a friends to which i am not that familiar with. the serial no is 2387R thanks for your interest and have a good day greg

·
Registered
356 Posts
is this Europa sold? or still for sale?
TED

1 - 9 of 9 Posts