The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I'd break up the Exige/Elise market by adding my '73 Seven S4.
I've had it about 4 years and frankly my wife never warmed up to it. So I'm moving on to an Esprit. Here are some details:

The car is in excellent condition, great driving. It is a RHD British spec version with the twin DHLA-40 Dellorto carburetors. This means it does not have the smog constricted Stromberg carburetors that the US model had in ‘73. Fiberglass body does have some stress cracks and blemishes; paint is in very good condition. I have added an electric fan in front of the radiator which is thermostatically controlled; it also has an override switch. This just made the car much more drivable during the hot Florida summers. The original engine mounted fan is included if you care to go back to it. Also included are a set of stainless steel braided brake hoses I never got around to mounting.

• Lotus “Big Valve” twin cam engine with less than 3,000 miles since major rebuild.
• 22,120 original miles
• Rare “Brand Lotus” wheels
• Spax shocks
• Stainless steel exhaust
• Goodyear Corsa tires
• Good top, hardly used, I’ve never used it
• Tonneau cover and side curtains
• Original paint
• New Optima battery
• Rebuilt front calipers and new pads

More pictures and background info here.

$18,000

John Dorak
Boca Raton, FL
lotusseven at earthlink dot net
561-488-6254 evenings, weekends

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
That's the nicest looking Series 4 that I can remember seeing. Good luck with your sale!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the nice comments. Driving with RHD isn't too bad. The main thing I found odd was shifting with my left hand, that took a bit to get used to.

Regards,
John D.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
I thought I'd break up the Exige/Elise market by adding my '73 Seven S4.
I've had it about 4 years and frankly my wife never warmed up to it. So I'm moving on to an Esprit.
Did you buy this car from Hayes at WireWheel?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I did the link in the ad above goes to the story on simplessevens.com about that.
Simple Sevens is where I initially heard about the car.

Regards,
John Dorak

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
John,

I saw you signed in here. I'm stuck at work and can't access my email. I'm hoping to call you tomorrow to work out some details.

RD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts