The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Less is Better
2,981 Posts
WOW!! Did I miss my chance. I looked at a black one in 2004 and all they were asking was $91k.

Steve
We're experiencing a speculative investment surge right now, similar to what happened before the recession. Prices have inflated at an unnaturally high rate for many exotics and semi-exotics. Look at the ridiculous prices that garden variety 911s from the 60s and 70s are commanding. I'm sure the guy who's held on to his 1971 911E wants to believe his car is really worth $110,000, but it just isn't.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/porsche/911e/1660251.html

They'll be back down when the next bubble bursts.

·
Registered
160 Posts
For the same exact car? What was the mileage?
I was wrong about the date, it was in 2002. I don't remember the exact mileage but I also don't remember it as being high. It was at a dealership in Ft. Lauderdale on Federal Highway. My wife and I flew down to look at it. The test drive was fine but (and this will sound silly) but I couldn't get past the styling of the cockpit. And since my plan was to drive it as opposed to garaging it, I passed.

Later on I found out that there were only two black ones made - so I've kicked myself in the butt more than once.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts