The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
and thanks to all that respond, has someone in our membership completed a detailed step by step record of the body removal proceedure? - I have seen the youtube video of a tour of the lotus factory, they show what looks like a complete body, "window and trim in place" and then lowering the body on the line, I need a process procedure to help, something like 1. remove the battery, 2. disconnect the heater and radiator hoses, etc,etc,etc - I plan on building a large cradle and lift the body from the 4 wheel arches, just like the video shows how lotus did it on the line - I will use uni-strut and two chain falls, I've seen the same uni-strut setup use to remove an engine from a b25 mitchell bomber, so I know my uni-strut rig will be strong enough, I'll post a picture of the rig when its finished - but the instructions, especially the electrical multi-pin connectors will be most helpful!!!
thank you my brothers and sisters in lotus talk forum for all the kind help for this and past postings - best wishes - Tom

·
Registered
514 Posts
Not sure I understand... are you lifting the body off or removing the engine?

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
He's definitely talking about removing the body from the frame while leaving the engine in frame. Since joining the body to the frame is called the marriage in the auto industry, he wants a divorce.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Gotcha. Then this thread title needs a little edit!

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I didn’t make my goal more clear, I want to remove the body from the frame, and hoped someone had accomplished this before and had made a detailed list of the procedure, I’ve done several body and frame separations, one a 1965 corvette, another was a 1958 dodge power wagon and the last being a 1969 Lincoln Continental, I’ll just have to dive into this project and get it done, like any major job others experience can prove indispensible that’s why I asked – thanks to everyone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts