The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
35k mi, runs/ drives great, timing belts changed at Ferrari of Denver at 33k mi, convertible four seater, has typical wear to be expected from a 30 year old car, could use miscellaneous interior/exterior/mechanical work, Located in Denver Colorado. A very affordable exotic.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd posted pictures of another exotic car I had for sale on another site and it ended up all over the internet without my permission. So as a result, I'm more than happy to email pictures to any potential serious buyer personally.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
That's what happens when you sell a car. You're not going to get many responses by refusing to post pics. Seems like stupid reasoning.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It eliminates the people who are sitting at their computer at work, surfing the internet and looking at cars with no intention to buy. I only reply to SERIOUS potential buyers, and will even fly them into my city airport and pick them up. I don't have time for picture collectors and non-serious buyers.. You serious buyers know who you are, so do I...Funny, whenever I'm looking to buy a car, I would ask pertinent questions about the car first (history, mechanical, ownership, etc.), and then ask for pictures if I feel that the car would be a good investment for me. If the lack of a posted picture turns away a "buyer", then obviously that person wasn't going to buy the car in the first place... I'm sure you could agree with that... I'm not a business, not a salesman, I'm just a businessman with the hobby of cars who has no time for non-serious buyers. This part of the forum is for the purpose of posting cars for sale- that's what I did. There's no need for negativity due to lack of a posted picture, this is not my first time selling a car on the internet, I'm fully aware of how it works...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Sure, it eliminates many non-serious buyers, but I'll be honest, it could attract someone that was never looking to buy the car to begin with if they see a picture of a well put together car. There are certain cars that I would not want in certain setups and love in others.

But, at the end of the day, you are right, it is your car and your sale. Because, being honest, I am one of those people "sitting at their computer at work, surfing the internet and looking at cars with no intention to buy." ... actually I currently am looking for a car in the $15-20k price range, but not sure what. So I like looking at pictures :D

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
It eliminates the people who are sitting at their computer at work, surfing the internet and looking at cars with no intention to buy. I only reply to SERIOUS potential buyers, and will even fly them into my city airport and pick them up. I don't have time for picture collectors and non-serious buyers.. You serious buyers know who you are, so do I...Funny, whenever I'm looking to buy a car, I would ask pertinent questions about the car first (history, mechanical, ownership, etc.), and then ask for pictures if I feel that the car would be a good investment for me. If the lack of a posted picture turns away a "buyer", then obviously that person wasn't going to buy the car in the first place... I'm sure you could agree with that... I'm not a business, not a salesman, I'm just a businessman with the hobby of cars who has no time for non-serious buyers. This part of the forum is for the purpose of posting cars for sale- that's what I did. There's no need for negativity due to lack of a posted picture, this is not my first time selling a car on the internet, I'm fully aware of how it works...
No I don't agree at all. You sound like a woman who is convinced that "real" men will notice her sparkling personality before her physical features. Just like hopping on a dating site. Trust me, we pass over the profiles with no pictures. Your personality is last on the list of things I initially want to care about. Which really means that your car is likely in crap condition.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I agree with both of you, but "crap condition" is subjective. A good rule of thumb is that "you get what you pay for". For a Ferrari at the same price as a Hyundai, what are you expecting?????????????????

·
Registered
217 Posts
I bought my car of this site after browsing for 6 months. If the seller hadn't bothered to post an ad with a picture I would have said "next thread please" and I was a pretty serious buyer.

Also, who is this gremlin that is stealing ferrari mondial photos from you and using them for nefarious activities? He sounds scary.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'd posted pictures of another exotic car I had for sale on another site and it ended up all over the internet without my permission. So as a result, I'm more than happy to email pictures to any potential serious buyer personally.
I don't want to offend you, but its photos of a Mondial, not a secret sex tape. Pictures are worth a thousand words and a thousand more times likely to get interest or leads than an ad without pictures. Perhaps it's not the first time you have sold cars, but everyone here is speaking as a buyer, and not a first time car buyer I'm sure. If you are worried your images will be used without permission, put a water mark on it. Theres free software to do that. I know you are trying to attract serious buyers, but serious buyers are seeking serious sellers. Serious sellers post pictures. Just trying to help GLWS.

·
Dog Pilot
75 Posts
Haha yeah, I can't recall ever purchasing a car online that didn't have a picture of it and I've purchased a lot of cars.

In fact, the response from the OP just throws up the red flag for a scam.

No thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
If the seller hadn't bothered to post an ad with a picture I would have said "next thread please" and I was a pretty serious buyer.
But you read and responded to this thread... :shrug:

I think the OP has a cunning strategy of generating lots of interest in the car through intrigue rather than photos... and given there are now +10 responses on the thread it seems to be working :)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
But you read and responded to this thread... :shrug:

I think the OP has a cunning strategy of generating lots of interest in the car through intrigue rather than photos... and given there are now +10 responses on the thread it seems to be working :)
Ill have to disagree lol. Humans are stubborn. So I'm betting not any single person on this forum has sent him a message about the car. We just like to point out that we are right, he is wrong, and his car is likely junk.

·
Registered
280 Posts
He will not sell the car from THIS thread. It seems an obvious scam at this point. He doesn't want to post a picture, because we will be able to tell that he stole the picture from some other website. Scam Alert.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.