The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
35k mi, runs/ drives great, timing belts changed at Ferrari of Denver at 33k mi, convertible four seater, has typical wear to be expected from a 30 year old car, could use miscellaneous interior/exterior/mechanical work, Located in Denver Colorado. A very affordable exotic.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
No problem, I have piles of pictures to show to any serious potential buyer.
What he was trying to nicely tell you is pictures in this thread would help. It isn't hard to do.

San

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd posted pictures of another exotic car I had for sale on another site and it ended up all over the internet without my permission. So as a result, I'm more than happy to email pictures to any potential serious buyer personally.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
That's what happens when you sell a car. You're not going to get many responses by refusing to post pics. Seems like stupid reasoning.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It eliminates the people who are sitting at their computer at work, surfing the internet and looking at cars with no intention to buy. I only reply to SERIOUS potential buyers, and will even fly them into my city airport and pick them up. I don't have time for picture collectors and non-serious buyers.. You serious buyers know who you are, so do I...Funny, whenever I'm looking to buy a car, I would ask pertinent questions about the car first (history, mechanical, ownership, etc.), and then ask for pictures if I feel that the car would be a good investment for me. If the lack of a posted picture turns away a "buyer", then obviously that person wasn't going to buy the car in the first place... I'm sure you could agree with that... I'm not a business, not a salesman, I'm just a businessman with the hobby of cars who has no time for non-serious buyers. This part of the forum is for the purpose of posting cars for sale- that's what I did. There's no need for negativity due to lack of a posted picture, this is not my first time selling a car on the internet, I'm fully aware of how it works...

·
Registered
663 Posts
Sure, it eliminates many non-serious buyers, but I'll be honest, it could attract someone that was never looking to buy the car to begin with if they see a picture of a well put together car. There are certain cars that I would not want in certain setups and love in others.

But, at the end of the day, you are right, it is your car and your sale. Because, being honest, I am one of those people "sitting at their computer at work, surfing the internet and looking at cars with no intention to buy." ... actually I currently am looking for a car in the $15-20k price range, but not sure what. So I like looking at pictures :D

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
It eliminates the people who are sitting at their computer at work, surfing the internet and looking at cars with no intention to buy. I only reply to SERIOUS potential buyers, and will even fly them into my city airport and pick them up. I don't have time for picture collectors and non-serious buyers.. You serious buyers know who you are, so do I...Funny, whenever I'm looking to buy a car, I would ask pertinent questions about the car first (history, mechanical, ownership, etc.), and then ask for pictures if I feel that the car would be a good investment for me. If the lack of a posted picture turns away a "buyer", then obviously that person wasn't going to buy the car in the first place... I'm sure you could agree with that... I'm not a business, not a salesman, I'm just a businessman with the hobby of cars who has no time for non-serious buyers. This part of the forum is for the purpose of posting cars for sale- that's what I did. There's no need for negativity due to lack of a posted picture, this is not my first time selling a car on the internet, I'm fully aware of how it works...
No I don't agree at all. You sound like a woman who is convinced that "real" men will notice her sparkling personality before her physical features. Just like hopping on a dating site. Trust me, we pass over the profiles with no pictures. Your personality is last on the list of things I initially want to care about. Which really means that your car is likely in crap condition.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I agree with both of you, but "crap condition" is subjective. A good rule of thumb is that "you get what you pay for". For a Ferrari at the same price as a Hyundai, what are you expecting?????????????????

·
Registered
216 Posts
I bought my car of this site after browsing for 6 months. If the seller hadn't bothered to post an ad with a picture I would have said "next thread please" and I was a pretty serious buyer.

Also, who is this gremlin that is stealing ferrari mondial photos from you and using them for nefarious activities? He sounds scary.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
You obviously don't want to sell it. Keep it.

San

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'd posted pictures of another exotic car I had for sale on another site and it ended up all over the internet without my permission. So as a result, I'm more than happy to email pictures to any potential serious buyer personally.
I don't want to offend you, but its photos of a Mondial, not a secret sex tape. Pictures are worth a thousand words and a thousand more times likely to get interest or leads than an ad without pictures. Perhaps it's not the first time you have sold cars, but everyone here is speaking as a buyer, and not a first time car buyer I'm sure. If you are worried your images will be used without permission, put a water mark on it. Theres free software to do that. I know you are trying to attract serious buyers, but serious buyers are seeking serious sellers. Serious sellers post pictures. Just trying to help GLWS.

·
Dog Pilot
75 Posts
Haha yeah, I can't recall ever purchasing a car online that didn't have a picture of it and I've purchased a lot of cars.

In fact, the response from the OP just throws up the red flag for a scam.

No thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,459 Posts
If the seller hadn't bothered to post an ad with a picture I would have said "next thread please" and I was a pretty serious buyer.
But you read and responded to this thread... :shrug:

I think the OP has a cunning strategy of generating lots of interest in the car through intrigue rather than photos... and given there are now +10 responses on the thread it seems to be working :)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
But you read and responded to this thread... :shrug:

I think the OP has a cunning strategy of generating lots of interest in the car through intrigue rather than photos... and given there are now +10 responses on the thread it seems to be working :)
Ill have to disagree lol. Humans are stubborn. So I'm betting not any single person on this forum has sent him a message about the car. We just like to point out that we are right, he is wrong, and his car is likely junk.

·
Registered
280 Posts
He will not sell the car from THIS thread. It seems an obvious scam at this point. He doesn't want to post a picture, because we will be able to tell that he stole the picture from some other website. Scam Alert.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts