The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying a late model Lotus Esprit and my garage is bursting at the seams as is. :shrug:
I need to sell one of my single seater toys. Here is the second one of three that are for sale.
1985 Anson SA6 Super Vee. Chassis number 01.
These cars are designed and manufactured by the famed F1 designer Gary Anderson. Very pretty car, looks like a mid-eighties F1. All restored immaculate bodywork with fresh paint. Car has 15 minutes of testing after the bodywork/paint redo. Sponsor name is stickers and can easily be removed.

The chassis and suspension are in impeccable condition. No accidents. Vehicle currently runs on 8 inch fronts and 10 inch rears. New, original 6
inch front and 8" rear rims come with the vehicle.

Hewland Mk9 gearbox fully rebuilt by Hullinger Motorsports with 15 minutes of testing time on it.

Original VW-Brabham 1.6L engine. Engine has a bent valve (from over-rev)which can easily be fixed. :shrug:
I recommend a full engine rebuilt as the car has been sitting for 4 years.
Car is equipped with a heat exchanger.
Furthermore a LINKS electronic ignition is installed which allows the car to warm up open loop and run the race closed loop. You can easily adjust the air/fuel mixture via small electronic handheld device. It can also plug into a laptop.

The car has been parked since 04 and I recommend a full race prep along with replacement of the bent valve before taking it to the track. But if you read this far, you know the name of the game and what these cars require.

This Anson also has a carbon fibre rear wing.

It is very competitive on short tracks due to the high downforce tunnels.

It will also fit taller drivers. The previous owner was 6 foot 2 inches.

This car has done sub-20's around Willow Springs with the 1.6L engine and a semi-pro driver. You can also install a 1.8L engine if you prefer torque over rpm.

Here is your chance to own one of these very rare, beautiful Super Vees. Go the speed of a comparable Atlantic at half the maintenance cost!

Spares include:
very rare bellhousing
several suspension parts
several body parts (engine cover, speedway nose. gearbox cover just to mention a few)
various small parts
speedway front wing

You can run this car in vintage racing with groups such as HSR-west, VARA ..just to name a few. Very competitive and better investment than putting your money in the bank. This car would sell for 30K plus in running condition, so this is a great deal. I just need room and one needs to go.

$18,000 obo

Car is located at my house in Prescott, Arizona.

Feel free to call me at 310-561-0196. Serious callers only please. I would consider trading up to an ultra clean 2003.5 Lotus Esprit with low miles or a Lotus/Caterham 7.
Also look at my Reynard RF 82 FF and x-Cobb March 80A Formula Atlantic that I am selling as well.
Luc

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts