The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car is a rare 1988 Esprit Turbo SE with 25K miles. Title is clear and clean (attached carfax). Exterior is black and interior is tan leather. Black OEM wheels and badges. The car runs and drives but needs some work (as very typical to such older British cars). These cars are now going up in value because they become more and more rare.

Consider it a project car. I sell it AS IS with no warranty. I suggest to bring a trailer to take it home unless you are local and want to try and drive it home.

Price is $14,900. Will consider trades.

The Good:

The mileage is low, and while I could not verify it, the carfax (attached here) is consistent with that.

Car has new battery and starts right up. I have recently done extensive work at the Lotus dealership in Hopewell NJ (I have the invoices), including replacing several parts, fixing headlight operation, refreshing fluids, belt service and brakes. I drive it around the block every weekend and a couple of months ago drove it for 40 miles from the shop to my house.

Tires are old but hold air very good. rims are great (few scuffs but very rare and hard to find).

Interior is complete and has great potential. Looks a bit old but no tears. Proper for its age for sure, and with little help can look great.

Exterior is complete. Scratches and scuffs around (roof is area is rough), but, again proper for age, and with some help will be very nice. No visible rust that I could find. The rear hatch looks like it is from a special edition one (special glass pattern) but I did not veryify that.

Trunk area looks very clean.

Engine bay looks clean. The engine sounds good. Transmission shifts good.

Some electronics work, some don't. I did not check every single button

The Bad:

Again, while the car has great potential, it is a project. You can't just turn the key and drive it home to CA.

The front brakes are sticking now and handbrake does not release all the way. It is hard to drive it like this for long distance.

The two windows are now closed but they are not working. The headligths sometimes work and sometimes not working. Fans work but AC does not blow cold air.

One side of the fuel tank was blocked by the dealer (these cars have two fuel tanks, one on each side) so only the right side is functional.

In summary, the car has potential to become a good collectible, and if you have the time and energy to refresh what needed to referesh and fix what is needed to be fixed, you can enjoy it.

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Do you still have the car?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts