The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a site or place I can go to see what colors were available in 1990? I have searched many times over and have come up with nothing!

·
Registered
860 Posts
shadeone,

are those the colors offered over the lifetime of the esprit? I've never seen a Stevens Esprit in Pearl White (besides the special edition 88), lotus yellow, claret red, or any blue.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Its possible that some of the colors were only used on overseas or other countries models or that they were just listed on my brochure because its a color they had previously used before. this brochure wasnt literally specific to 1990, it just had a 90 SE on it and the majority of those colors were represented on SE cars I knew of... this is the full page: http://shadeone.com/lit/brochures/IMG_0294.jpg

... The only Clared Red one I have seen is a 1992 highwing which was never imported into the US...

pacific blue:

midnight blue:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
shadeone,

are those the colors offered over the lifetime of the esprit? I've never seen a Stevens Esprit in Pearl White (besides the special edition 88), lotus yellow, claret red, or any blue.
Mine is Lotus Yellow, more popularly known as Proper Yellow. :)

The pearl white is actually quite common, they came with blue interiors, though the leather was darker and more uniform than the Anniversary editions.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
lotus yellow:
Funny to see this pic. This yellow Esprit was my Dad's car that he private sold and then it popped up at Momentum in Houston a year later.

We use to go to car shows together in Houston showing his yellow with my green/yellow Jim Clark Esprit. Good times...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Travis,

That set of graphics is something else!

:bow:

And you are correct on the shop manual. My car is currently being painted and I have one of the two-tone Turbos, calypso red with A60 "Seal Grey".....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok The trim code on the car I'm buying is ICBI which I believe is the Magnolia but it is not near as light colored as other cars I have seen that say they have Magnolia how much variation might there be from year to year?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts