The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently selling my 91 Esprit SE, I just put a down payment on a Factory Five 818S and unfortunately need to clean out the stable first. I am the third owner (im in RI), previously in Texas and California. I purchased the car on Christmas day in 2010 with 53,650 miles on it, it currently has 59,135 miles. I have done a TON of work to the car since I purchased it. The car has a 330 hp chip, cold air intake mod, 3 inch (mandrel bent) primary exhaust (cat removed) with a single flowmaster dual exhaust muffler, 17 inch OZ S4S wheels, 13 inch front brake rotors wit 4-pot Outlaw calipers, stainless brake lines in front, and adjustable Carrera coil over suspension on all four corners. In the time that I have owned it I have completely brought this car back up to spec, and you would be tough pressed to find another Esprit that has been gone thru this much. The following has been done since I owned it;

2011/2012 Winter
-sandblasted and repainted header tank
-machined flywheel
checked both fuel tanks and show no signs of rot or rust
-fitted new alternator power cable
-checked and adjusted al valves
-replaced front camshaft seals
-installed MSD blaster coils
-sandblasted and painted exhaust system with high temp paint
-replaced timing belt and tensioner pulley
-rebuilt water pump
-replaced rear camshaft O-rings
-replaced all coolant hoses in engine bay, some with red silicone hoses
-replaced both hoses off of vacuum pump
-replaced all vacuum lines in vehicle, exposed ones replaced with red vacuum line
-rebuilt slave cylinder
-replaced all 10 O-rings to cam access plugs
-port matched all surfaces of intake manifold
-replaced all throttle body gaskets, plenum gasket, front air duct to plenum gasket, and intake manifold gaskets
-replaced front cover gasket and front crank seal
-new water pump gasket
-replaced chargecooler pump blanking hole o-ring
-replaced valve cover gaskets
-replaced rear cover gasket and rear main seal
-replaced oil filter sandwich plate o-ring
-replaced turbo oil feed and return gaskets for turbo
-flushed clutch fluid
-flushed brake fluid
-replaced all spark plug wires
-replaced fuel filter
-flushed transmission fluid
-both front and rear bumpers removed, repaired, and resprayed, installed mesh inserts into all openings
-four wheel alignment
-oil change
-installed Alpine cd player and ipod interface in glovebox
-new shift boot made and installed
-installed HKS SSQV blow off valve
-installed race wastegate actuator (bought from esprit performance)

2012/2013 Winter
-removed alternator and had rebuilt
-installed beltronics radar detector with 2 front laser, 1 front radar, and rear radar and laser
-replaced drivers side window glass
-replaced horn buttons
-oil change
-brake fluid flush
-coolant flush
-trans fluid flush
-installed yellow top Optima battery
-replaced all suspension bushings with powerflex poly
-performed four wheel alignment
-had paint correction detailing done, also had "glass coat" put on after detailing
-installed relay upgrade for drivers window
-installed 4 new fuel injectors

I'm sure im forgetting some stuff but as you can see this car has been gone thru. The only things I can think of the car may need is new tires (plenty of tread but a little flat spotted), I never tried charging the R12 AC system (blows warm), the power antenna does not work, and there is a slight rip in the drivers seat leather. I also have two roofs for the car, glass and red. The car will also come with a car cover, laptop with Freescan installed with ALDS cables, parts manual, two service manuals, Tupperware containers full of spare parts, all the receipts for the parts I bought plus previous owners receipts, binders full of my compiled helpful notes I gathered along the way. Im sure im overlooking some stuff but it will all go with the vehicle. I do have a note on the vehicle so I will need to pay off my loan before I can send title, but it is a clean title. Looking to get $17,000 for the car and everything that comes with it. Please don't hesitate to ask any questions, also if anyone is wondering what my mechanical skill is I have been a BMW master tech for 13 years.....so working on this was a piece of cake! I have many pictures so just let me know what you would like to see and I will send it over. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
It would be nice to see the damaged seat and more interior shots. Beautiful car though! If only you were closer. I'm in the market at the moment and this is sincerely tempting.

Also, in your estimation, being a mechanic, what kind of costs would be involved with resolving the A/C issue?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
With the amount of work that you have put into this, you know you are giving it away right?

Best of luck to you, gorgeous car...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts