·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
That looks really nice. The 348 has got to be my #2 favorite Ferrari (F40 #1). It looks like a "baby" Testarossa.

I especially like the quote in the add: "Pioneer CDX-M30 CD changer, but not really important as primary sound system controlled by driver's right foot." :D

Good Luck!
Ara

·
Registered
327 Posts
$11,000 auto service? Yikes! I think I'd kill myself if I got a bill for $11k from my mechanic. ... Or I'd have to kill him!

I LOVE Ferraris, but keeping them running is scary, scary business. Maybe they'll put a Toyota engine in one soon!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well....

It was a bit more than a regular service...:)

Interesting story actually - burned through an exhaust valve and lost an ECU while on the way from Phoenix to LA for the "sneak preview" of the auto show (on my way to see the Elise). I was, ahem, making good time as they say - perhaps a little too good in retrospect. Anyway, managed to limp it to LA and got a temp fix there, then a full overhaul in Phoenix. Had to replace a couple of valves, and once the engine is out, well, you may as well do whatever else needs doing. So, replaced all the valve guides, new clutch, unfortunately new air rails (corroded) and a miscellany of other things including the regular full service bits and pieces.

The car is running just fantastic now, almost like new I'm tempted to say. It seems a shame to sell it almost, but the Elise takes precedence, and I've had the Ferrari for 3 years, so...

At least I can part with it knowing that it's been well looked after - the new owner should have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Major service shouldn't scare anyone off, I guess. After all, you spent the $ you needed to spend. I'd be more scared of a car that didn't get the work it needed.

Does it bother you at all to think of yourself without the Ferrari? I've grown very attached to my M3, but it'll likely be sold in a few months. I have so much memorabilia and literature and models, etc. that I have come to identify myself with the car. I wish I could have the attitude that "I've lived with, I've experienced it, it's time to move on." Even if I get top dollar, it'll be hard to say goodbye to it.

Just curious what it feels like to sell a Ferrari. Unless the car has been a headache, I would imagine there is considerable sadness involved ... even if you're excited about the Lotus.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We'll always have Paris...

I love the car, particularly the sound it makes - there really isn't anything quite like it, at least not that I've experienced. Yes, I will be a little sad to see it go, but I am just so jazzed about the Elise, I think I'll be able to get over it. I've had a number of interesting cars over the years, and remember many with a certain fondness, but variety is the spice of life as they say...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good point...

Certainly they are not the cheapest cars to maintain if you want to keep that full dealer service history going. The catch is that if you don't, it potentially impacts the car's resale value.

Signing the credit card slips is sometimes painful, but I find the pain goes away once you start driving the car again - must be an endorphin thing...:)

·
Registered
327 Posts
I guess I'll never own a Ferrari.

I'd enjoy driving one, but that service expense is brutal.

With every turn of the odometer I'd be thinking that I'm that much closer to forking over $1000 for a routine check-up.

Buying it to wax and polish is not an option for me.

Hence, I bought an S2000. It won't thrill me like a Ferrari would, but it's cheap and easy (relatively) to own and maintain.

I'd do a straight up trade with you though! You'd get an 800 mile '04 S2000 and I'd get the money-pit 348. :clap:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hmm...

Hans Stuck said:
Buying it to wax and polish is not an option for me.
Me neither! Although I have other vehicles available to use, I view the Ferrari as my "daily driver" (/me braces for attack from the hostile "daily driver" thread...:rolleyes: ).

Hans Stuck said:
I'd do a straight up trade with you though! You'd get an 800 mile '04 S2000 and I'd get the money-pit 348. :clap:
Words cannot begin to describe how not tempting that offer is...:D:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Re: Hmm...

roadrunner said:
Me neither! Although I have other vehicles available to use, I view the Ferrari as my "daily driver" (/me braces for attack from the hostile "daily driver" thread...:rolleyes: ).

Words cannot begin to describe how not tempting that offer is...:D:
Well, jeez. Give it some thought before you totally dismiss it:D

I really would need a black Ferrari - preferably a 355 - to make this picture work. But I'd "settle" for your car.

Honda - Ferrari - basically the same thing, right?
;)

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Re: Hmm...

Hans Stuck said:
Honda - Ferrari - basically the same thing, right?
;)
Well, they are both "Axis"...;)

Actually, this photo and the Axis thing has given me an idea for a cool photo. It'll be a few days (at least) before I can get to it, but I think I can do "Axis and Allies".

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hmm...

transio said:
... and counting :D
Well, I did say "at least"...:) But thanks for reminding me, I should really try and do that sometime, before I sell the cars.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks...

ChrisStarrUSA said:
Nice car. Like the looks of the coupe.
This is the TS with the removable targa style roof panel, so you get the best of both worlds. Very easy to remove and refit the panel too, unlike what I'm hearing about the Elise hardtop...:( Ordered it anyway though...:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts