The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my 92 Cappuccino that was imported from Japan. Right hand drive, 1490 Lbs, 657 CC turbo 3 cylinder running 15 psi of boost, Suzuki Sport coil overs, Integra Type R JDM wheels and a few other goodies. It has practically the same interior dimensions as my Elise, but externally, is much smaller overall.
The Cappuccino has an interesting top design, 3 hard sections of roof that fit in the trunk and a roll hoop and glass back window that rotate into the rear bodywork, I'm surprised no one has copied that!
It's a barrel full of fun to drive!

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These cars are interesting and unique. How are they to drive on the interstate and speed?
The Cappuccino is fine on the interstate if you are not easily intimidated, they sit as low as an Elise but are much narrower and shorter lengthwise, 18 wheelers look really big! Stock they have an 86 MPH limiter but I've changed ECU's so it will top out at 110 or so now
I usually stick to the back roads whenever possible because that's where the fun is with these little cars
It handles almost as good as an Elise, stops the same or shorter (aftermarket brakes) and is 0-60 around 6.5 seconds

1 - 8 of 8 Posts