Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD .. SOLD .. SOLD .. 1994 Toyota MR2 NA 5spd White T-Tops - Stock & Clean

Model: 1994 Toyota MR2

Mileage: <124,000

Engine: 4-Cyl. 2.2 Liter (Non-Turbo)

Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Exterior: White (original paint & ZERO rust!)

Interior: Black w/Dark Blue seats and door panel inserts (all stock)

Options: T-Bar Roof, Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Door Locks, Cruise Control, Power Steering, Cloth Seats, Factory Alarm (plus aftermarket Viper alarm), Tilt Wheel, Dual Front Air Bags, Stock Alloy Wheels, Spoiler, Front Lip Spoiler

Description:
Almost completely STOCK down to the airbox!!! Only aftermarket parts are; radio, shifter boot, and rotors.

Steering rack, inner, and outer tie-rod ends replaced last year.

Upgraded to cross-drilled, slotted, vented rotors and ceramic pads last year.

Single Compact Disc/MP3/WMA w/Digital radio receiver & USB on the face.

2nd Owner, Garaged, Non-smoker

Reliable, comfortable, looks great and fun to drive. I have (another) baby on the way so I need a vehicle with a back seat.

If you don't know, 94-95 are extremely rare especially in this good a condition. You will NOT find a nicer one than this!

$5,900 (or PM me your best offer)

PM to set up a test drive or to request more pictures.

Thanks,
James

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
This is a good buy. I have 2 91's, a turbo and NA, and would want almost as much for my NA as being asked for this car. This car is a blast to drive, kinda a baby Lotus with a over weight problem, but fun never the less. Would make someone a nice DD or go into someones collection.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fatbug

Just to throw this out there –

I used to commute 2hrs with an Elise (w/LSS) and it was back breaking. This would make a great commuter/beater for somebody in a similar situation. I average 24mpg; all city driving and half my commute is sitting at lights so that is really good. Usable trunk and surprisingly roomy compared to the Elise (but what isn’t…). I must admit though, it feels dog slow from a red light, but it corners very well (2600lbs) so it is still fun – and when you hit a bump, it won’t break your teeth. And it is a true sports car because it doesn’t have any cup-holders ;)!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Any accident in the past? Was the car a FL car all it's life?

Do you have more photo?

I am in LA, so probably cannot see it in person before making a commitment, so I am trying to get as much info about it as possible.

Any other work being done? Timing belt? clutch and etc....

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Bump for a beautiful example at a good price. Not only are they great fun and comfort on the street, they are fantastic E-stock cars if you were so inclined to go autocrossing in one. I love mine for that purpose. Best wishes on the sale, it's a good car for the money.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any accident in the past? Was the car a FL car all it's life?
Carfax is clean, but those are pretty worthless sometimes. I do all my own maintenance and I don't think it was ever in any accidents. The rear bumper was resprayed though. I think the previous owner backed into something. See dimple above the left side of the rear license plate. Speaking of plates - no holes were ever drilled in the front bumper :cool:

The Carfax did tell me that it was a garage queen for the first 10yrs of its life in North Carolina. Then the seller (the son) inherited it and brought it to Florida. He neglected it resulting in; bad brakes, steering rack, tires and poor wax. Oil was clean though so he at least performed basic maintenance.

Do you have more photo?
I can email them to you. What shots are you looking for?

Any other work being done? Timing belt? clutch and etc....
I bought it Sep 2007. I replaced the brake rotors and pads, tires and steering rack immediately after buying it. And then replaced the oil and tranny fluids with Mobil1 synthetic a few weeks later.

I’ve driven it everyday since then as my commuter (and currently am) and it has been rock solid. I love it now.

It has the original clutch but it’s still good. I was planning on replacing the belts, water pump, pulleys, gaskets, plugs, wires, rotor, cap, flush coolant, and detailing the engine bay while I was in there during the Christmas break since I don’t know what was done before I owned it. I hope it sells before then so the next owner should do these things. The car would be good for another 10yrs after that. Toyota overbuilt cars in the 90's - they last forever!

·
Registered
124 Posts
nice looking 2 if I didnt own 2 of them I'd consider it. Ever consider a V6 swap in one, kind of a waste for a 94 but they are a lot funner. I'm sure you know of the mr2 forums but if not post it their as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts