The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few months ago I was driving past Zeigler Exotic Cars (Frank's shop is literally .6 miles from our home and my wife & I can walk to his place when one of her cars is being serviced), I saw something that looked INTERESTING sitting at the top of the hill of the Phoenix Race shop lot (Frank's place is down the hill in the back of the facility). Pulled into the lot and saw this car that is now for sale.

Beautiful Racing Green on Gold leather S4s. When I saw it, no tag and had a bill from another place that had worked on it but I saw it was owned by LBI. Being Frank is THE go-to Lotus indy in the area, he must have given it a thorough going over. Now it's for sale. Kinda high, but if you Google the VIN, it's a well-known Esprit. Be curious to know what it ultimately ends up selling for.

And if I could figure out why my photo aren't loading (if anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it), I'd add the shots I took of it from back in May. It's a gorgeous car up close. Very very clean and those OZ Futuras 馃い馃い馃い Definitely a dream spec S4s.

Premium Member
Beauty!

Nice color combo, don't think I've seen Lotus leather in that hue before. And those wheels...馃グ

Seems like it's needed a lot of work for a 27k mi car. Maybe some of it was preventive or discretionary.

Registered
$85K would be on the high side for an X180R.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, this is what LBI is known for, overpriced inventory. They are routinely 20% high on their prices on average from what my friend says (and he knows his stuff).

When I saw it sitting outside the shop near my home, it was REALLY clean.

Premium Member
OH MY!!!!!!! I could be VERY interested at 60K

Registered
2017 Evora 400
I always think this is the ultimate Esprit, so it ought to be worth that. Hell it was 75 new
Not what they have been selling for on BAT

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OH MY!!!!!!! I could be VERY interested at 60K
Sadly, I believe they are into it for far more money than that. Here is a link from Bonham's Amelia Island Auction from 2015

Back then it sold for $52k with fees. And it had just under 27k on it. So very little miles since and 7 years later.

Dreaded Prior Owner
Beautiful colors, but for 85K they could get rid of a bunch of orange peel and at least put a blue timing belt on it!
Two clutches in 27K, ouch!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts