The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1997 has a broken vacuum line that connects to the EGR flange. The hose is quasi clear plastic and extends from the firewall to the engine V-bay and under the plenum.
I asked in this forum a few weeks ago about taking the plenum off.
I followed the instructions in the owner's manual and the advice given here.

I had someone help me as it really needs two sets of hands to lift the plenum while "feeling under it" to locate and disconnect the 3 plugs (AIC valve, and 2 others).
In the process I failed to take pictures before removing parts. I found a metal coil-like clip that i think it came out from the accelerator cable. (see photo).
I hope someone here can tell me where it goes.

I have the plenum apart and waiting for gaskets from JAE. i couldn't find the exact hose (to replace the clear hose). I bought a high temperature silicone hose with the same inside diameter (5mm, 3/16") but the wall is thicker.

I also attached the EGR diagram. The hose #5 is the one that broke. It was connected to the middle port, not the top one as in the diagram..I guess it makes no difference?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
RG

·
Registered
38 Posts
That is the clip that you put on after cup on the throttle cable is placed on the ball. the clip goes through the holes on the ball and snaps around to keep it secure.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daily Driver,
Could you snap a picture of it? I cannot find the "holes on the ball" you mentioned.
Thank you for your help
RG

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DailyDriver, thank you for the photos. I went to the car to look and realized why I couldn't find the holes before. They are tiny. I thought the one on top was dirt.
I appreciate your help. Thank you
RG

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
At least you weren't in the position of trying to get that part off and did not know that clip had to be removed first! It is small and is easily overlooked.
David Teitelbaum

·
Car Adicted
250 Posts
I have my plenum off currently to redo the starter. The clear hose can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowes. Once it gets old it yellows and becomes brittle. I replaced mine up to the check valve against the firewall last plenum removal, but guess what broke......the other side of the check valve that wasn't replaced and so I guess I will need to see where it goes in the hole on the side of the car?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have my plenum off currently to redo the starter. The clear hose can be purchased at Home Depot or Lowes. Once it gets old it yellows and becomes brittle. I replaced mine up to the check valve against the firewall last plenum removal, but guess what broke......the other side of the check valve that wasn't replaced and so I guess I will need to see where it goes in the hole on the side of the car?
It sounds like the hose you replaced is item 30 in this diagram, and the one needing replacement is item 25, which leads to the evap canister.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts