The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a only street legal LHD S1 Exige/Elise Motorsport bodied Lotus in Canada. It has upgraded AVO fully adjustable suspension, new stainless steel brake lines, upgraded SS braided clutch hose and upgraded interior.

It has a motorsport front splitter, front clam, rear clam, roof, engine cover, rear spoiler, rear diffuser and it is also fitted with genuine Exige wheels and tires. It has new leather S3 Probax seats with 4 point harnesses. I have fitted standard seatbelts currently.

In addition is also has had a 160 bhp engine which includes, new cams, 52mm throttle body, 160 inlet manifold with carbon induction kit and stainless steel sports exhaust, and the head gasket upgraded. This is a DVA Power upgrade http://www.dvapower.com/ K13

It had the laser tracking done 4 weeks ago, and was professionally converted to LHD. References for the mechanic available.

It’s a good solid car, with stunning looks, and the only S1 Exige street legal car in North America. It comes with emissions and safety certification for Ontario.

This is a very rare car on this side of the pond.

It has 63,500km on the clock.

Asking CDN$38,995 obo

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is/was this a "normal" Elise with a Motorsports body installed??
Could you PM me your e-mail/contact info? I have a few more questions and need some more info, miles(or KM), service history,mods,etc....

Thankyou,
Dave

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Sold my Exige S
930 Posts
So do we think we would or wouldn't be able to title this car in Illinois?
Can't be done legally. The EPA will only allow non-US spec vehicles if they're 21 yrs or older, or the owner has a foreign student exemption, is an immigrant or foreign employee. There are ways around the laws, but they're not worth the penalties.

·
craigyirush
1,555 Posts
Gorgeous - if only I still lived in Canada!

·
craigyirush
1,555 Posts
Just curious why this is road legal in Canada and not the US? Did Canada allow the importation of series 1 Elise-Exiges?

GLWS. If I still lived in Canada I'd be tempted!

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
Just curious why this is road legal in Canada and not the US? Did Canada allow the importation of series 1 Elise-Exiges?

GLWS. If I still lived in Canada I'd be tempted!
It has been privately imported - it became eligible for import once 15 years old.

·
craigyirush
1,555 Posts

·
craigyirush
1,555 Posts
I'd PM the OP. Unlikely that he is going to see your post.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts