The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

25,250 miles; full weather gear, tonneu, purple wings & nosecone; bodywork is polished aluminum; the chassis is a welded RHS steel tube space frame.

1997 Ford Zetec twin cam 4 cylinder engine

SPC close ratio 5 speed gearbox based on the Ford T9; lightened flywheel

Quaife limited-slip differential, live axle 4.11 rear end; Carrera (QA1) dampers; Kuhmo tires in good condition

Fuel Injection: Emerald ECU with mapping software, Jenvey throttle bodies, Wide-band lambda sensor (Innovate LC-1) installed; software included

Fuel Safe Birkin-bespoke fuel cell-the foam was replaced in April; original fuel tank included

5-point harnesses for both driver & passenger

Removable steering wheel, black vinyl interior

Spare set of fiberglass wings (fenders) need painting to match

Full history of invoices for parts and service

I have a matching custom trailer, which I used to haul the car to LOG, the Lotus Owners Gathering, when it was held in Texas (2006) and Colorado (2007). The trailer was built by Dennis Brunton of Bradenton, FL. The trailer is specially designed to carry a Super Seven and fit through an 8' wide garage door, and it tilts for loading and unloading without the need for ramps. I store the car on the trailer in my garage.

I will consider selling the trailer separately, if whoever buys the Birkin does not want the trailer.

Links to photos:
Current
Details
Trailer

[email protected]
Tony
Indianapolis

[added on 01-Jul-10]
Also has a lightened flywheel--I forgot to list that in the original post.

[added on 29-Jul-10]
I'd be happy to separate the car and the trailer. I'd be willing to sell the car for $20,500 and the trailer for $1,500; but I can't sell the trailer before the car.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I updated the original post to set a separate price of $1,500 for the trailer and $20,500 for the Birkin.

Can I change the title of the thread?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How hard would it be to switch to ZX3?
Its not that hard, if you are into that sort of thing. I'm not; however, many of the Birkin folk are: You can get a better answer from the Birkin forum on Yahoo groups. Its a very active group and much of the discussion covers what is most effective right now with regard to current prices, parts availability, where you are starting from and how much horsepower you want.

Tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.