The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st Annual Dragons' Tail Meet

Well, I am recooperating from a great day. Great to meet everybody! I didn't get many pics but I did take a ton of video. Here's a picture of Jim's Bordeaux Red Elise. Awesome color!!!

Anyone with pics, reviews, or complaints about my driving :D please post it here. By the way, I care to gamble that I am the first Elise owner in the USA to have cow crap spread all down both sides of his car! Sorry, no pics of that but I promise, it smelled aweful when I washed it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It was a great day, and yes Dan had cow crap all down the side of his Elise! All I can say about that road is WOW! Fantastic! Three Elises, one Elan M100 and a lot of fun. Every where we stopped a crowd showed up to take pictures and look at the cars.

·
Registered
963 Posts
The Dragon should be in the spring and the fall like we do with the S2000 group. I'm all over going up there. I'll be there in a month with my S2000. Hopefully again in the spring with my reordered Elise. :(

BEST TIME EVER! U GOTTA DO THIS DRIVE!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Oh, the Elise on the Tail of the Dragon, Fantastic!!!!!! I just can't imagine a better car for a drive like Deals Gap.
Pictures to follow.

·
Registered
963 Posts
James A said:
Oh, the Elise on the Tail of the Dragon, Fantastic!!!!!! I just can't imagine a better car for a drive like Deals Gap.
Pictures to follow.
:stompsfeetwaiting:

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Roadfly Z4 board had a cheezy video showing this drive. Looked pretty cool, despite the video!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Just back, long day for me, 650 miles started 0630 and got in at 2200. Had an absolute blast, I'll upload pics tomorrow too.

Had a great time meeting Bryan(HIghlander) and his posse from SC - they had an S2k, a mini S, and a Miata, all very tasty cars. Dan of course with his Storm Ti, Jim with BRP and me with red, and Michael and Eddy in an m100.

Amazingly all the meetups went rather smoothly, I drove up to Jims house from Columbus, we R/Vd with Dan and Michael outside of Blairsville, amazingly Michael (who'd gone to pick up his girlfriend at the Atlanta airport) arrived only five minutes after we hit the Blairsville Chevron. Dan followed soon after with his just completed vid cam, installation (FYI Randy, picked up my cell phone from Dan too ;) )

For the 2nd annual event next year, I hope to do it out of Hiawassee as our Ducati club does every year, come in on a Friday, drive around on Friday, then Sat. have a structure route to follow which will comprise about 8 hours of driving, back to the hotel, and a dinner at the restaurant across the street.

First time I've done Deals' on four wheels (always been on bikes before) Amazing just how forgiving the elise is, in view of me surviving some pretty bonehead moves on my part. Deals is great at teaching just how capable this car is on the twisties.

The cars were a hit at the Gap and everywhere else we went.

Chris

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jake in the Miata here... had a great time with you guys!

Here come the pics...

Jim's BRP was my favorite. Seeing that color in person seals it: that will be the color of my elise. :bow:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,158 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
....That's all for now. Thanks again for a really great day; it was great to meet you all, and I appreciate you guys letting me crash your inaugural party. :cool:

·
Registered
963 Posts
AutoXJunkie said:
Everyone in attendance... well, their cars, anyway. :)
Is that one on the far right BRP? I may have to change my color again.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts