The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
That looks speced exactly like my car!! can't wait to actually get it. :clap:

Also, I remember hearing that the person to receive their car from Autostrada was actually #4 on their list. I know that my car was delayed due to other reasons, although it appears that they are almost the same car. Oh well, one more happy Lotus owner. Congratulations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
The first delivery and yours are exactly the same car, save for VIN (from what I understand).

OK, Andrew and Neil, I didn't get a call to drool over the paint. What gives? j/k I guess I'll have to save the saliva for MeanTT's car. LOL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
frayed said:
The first delivery and yours are exactly the same car, save for VIN (from what I understand).

OK, Andrew and Neil, I didn't get a call to drool over the paint. What gives? j/k I guess I'll have to save the saliva for MeanTT's car. LOL.
Actually there is a black one in the showroom now. I have to admit I did drive by after hours on Saturday and take a peek at it. I was there for maybe 120 seconds, and I saw 4 other cars pull up and do the same thing. It was at that point that I no longer felt quite as pathetic. BTW if you happen to have the VIN number for my car, how did you get it, and please PM me with it. After all, it is one step closer to ownership :) Thanks.

Oh BTW the one in the dealership has been there for a few days, and has papers all over it saying it was sold. I question if the owner was out of town, or maybe he needed time to get some financing together. Who knows. It was nice to see one in the showroom. I would think that they would hold all cars a week or so for this kind of "dealer prep" and give more people a chance to see the cars up close. I hope for everyone's sake that this will become a practice, and allow people a chance to see all of the colors up close. I wisk I would have been able to, but then again, I wanted Laser Blue!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
825 Posts
Just got back from looking at the one in Autostrada's showroom. They were closed, so I had to peer through the glass. Wow this is a cool car. Every time I see one it surprises me.

The black looks great, but I can see where people say it always looks dusty. A non-metallic black would be a little nicer IMO. No clear bra on this one, but the stock protection in front of the rear wheels was very easy to see against the black.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
866 Posts
JeffersonRaley said:
Just got back from looking at the one in Autostrada's showroom. They were closed, so I had to peer through the glass. Wow this is a cool car. Every time I see one it surprises me.

The black looks great, but I can see where people say it always looks dusty. A non-metallic black would be a little nicer IMO. No clear bra on this one, but the stock protection in front of the rear wheels was very easy to see against the black.
I agree, I think the black is a little muted, and a little understated. To each their own I guess. It is a beautiful car, but I am still happy with the ardent red (since Laser Blue wasn't available). I like the fact that they have a unique color at the dealership though, I think everyone has seen a lot of Sy AR and CO, not that that is a bad thing though..:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, that does look good. SHINY! I'm deciding between black and racing green right now... RG is my national colour, but black is something different in the Elise world. Although there will be at least one more in Austin by the looks of it. :) Maybe we can prowl the streets together, scaring old people. :p

I don't mind that you always have to always be cleaning black. As long as it's well polished with something that beads water (Zaino for example), you can get away with just a quick hose down every few days, and a car duster inbetween.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,419 Posts
girlracer said:
I don't mind that you always have to always be cleaning black. As long as it's well polished with something that beads water (Zaino for example), you can get away with just a quick hose down every few days, and a car duster inbetween.
It's not really the dirt that is the challenge but rather the swirl and hazing marks that are left behind all the time. It's an endless game of polishing over and over again in an attempt to rid of the persistant swirls which usually makes them worse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
So is the demo car at Autostrada yet? I don't want to drive out there if we can't sit in the car. My wife has yet to see one in person and While I know she'll love it, I really want her to see one (and try to sit in it).

Jeff.... so are you still getting your Elise now that you just sprang for the 996 C4S?

-Dave
'00 996 C2 aerocoupe
'03 Evolution VIII
'89 M3
'97 M3
'05 Elise on order
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
825 Posts
1FASTMX5 said:
It's not really the dirt that is the challenge but rather the swirl and hazing marks that are left behind all the time. It's an endless game of polishing over and over again in an attempt to rid of the persistant swirls which usually makes them worse.
The black one at Autostrada already has light swirl marks on the hood... err bonnet... err... radiator cover.

The black also shows irregularities in the fiberglass very clearly. Looks good (better than most new cars), but definitely not mirror smooth.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top