The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 08 05a - YouTube
can't seem to figure out how to embed a video on this...

will be posting:
i have a few more to post where i spun out. gotta take off laptop and such. possibly will post on here tomorrow. also photos of the event too with video of me spinning out from the sidelines.

overall:
all-in-all it was quite fun. had a good time. took the top off. the heat was the only negative. it was a constant 105F the entire time. by the time i got home i was ready to pass out. 7:30am-1pm-ish. had a massive headache the rest of the day.

skills:
i am lacking the skills for autocross. I guess practice makes perfect. this was my first time and I just could not get the second half of the track -- could not make the first turn correctly, so the other turns at the end would always suffer.

others:
most of the times yesterday were 32-33 seconds to finish the track. two cars made below 30's, but they were an experienced driver in a mini and a gutted souped-up track only car. my fastest time was 30.02, but the others were 31-34... well except for the spin outs that made them 50+ sec. :p

overall:
i will be back, but possibly not during the summer time.

also;
criticism and suggestions welcome! trying to do better.

·
Such Administrating
6,860 Posts
Yeah, its way too hot right now to autox. I'll be getting back into it when the temp drops below 90. 110 here yesterday.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Looks like you were pretty quick. I just don't really like the coarse set up. Too short for my taste. I just did my first autox in my exige that I just got a couple weeks ago. If you'd like to see the track I ran I put up a video in the exige section

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Look pretty decent for first timer. If you haven't already, maybe look ahead into the next turn(s) - where you want to go more than where you're going - so you can pre-position your car for tighter apex. The turns appeared a little wide at the end of track oval. That's still fast for your first time. - good job. Walk the course and ride with the fast drivers. I agree it's a tight and quick course. I'm still learning everytime.....IMHO.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I agree with some of the other comments, it appeared you were not looking ahead enough (which is the key to autocross)... seemed like you were a bit surprised by some of the turns... looked like a fun course though and for a "newbie" pretty awesome!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay - my 2 crash vids and also another race vid. seems the first one i did was cropped a bit. trying to pasting of the url's in this one. lets see if it works.

ps - i agree with the not looking ahead a bit near the end. i was trying to look ahead, but when i would arrive at that portion of the track, i suddenly had tunnel vision of what was in front of me.

crash 1

crash 2

normal run 2

·
Registered
246 Posts
Tell those cones who's Boss!!!!

I agree with what others have said...very good for your first time out! After the sweeper though, it seems like the track caught you off guard.

Looks like you hit the slalom pretty well in 'crash 2'. You probably could have lifted a little on the sweeper that followed - it did get pretty tight at the end of it.

okay - my 2 crash vids and also another race vid. seems the first one i did was cropped a bit. trying to pasting of the url's in this one. lets see if it works.

ps - i agree with the not looking ahead a bit near the end. i was trying to look ahead, but when i would arrive at that portion of the track, i suddenly had tunnel vision of what was in front of me.

crash 1
2012 08 05 crash1 - YouTube

crash 2
2012 08 05 crash2 - YouTube

normal run 2
2012 08 05b - YouTube

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just watched 'normal run2'.....looks good!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL. had to subscribe just to post that. LMAFO. ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Side view

doesn’t looks like I’m going that fast…

1 - 14 of 14 Posts