The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The '18 Evora 400 is approaching 5K miles and its first oil change. I see the recommended oil is 6 qts. of 0W40.

I still have 2 qts. 5W40 Mobile 1 synthetic left over from the '12 Evora.

Any problem mixing the left over 2 qts. 5W40 with 4 qts. 0W40?

Also I searched the manuals for the type of oil filter. I assume the same Toyota oil filter used on the '12 Evora (04152-YZZA1) is what the '18 Evora uses?

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6MT
150 Posts
Since the motor only has 5k miles, I'd stick with 0w40 only. If you use any oil between changes, then throwing a quart of 5w40 then won't be a bad way to go.

The filters are the same, make sure to pull the bypass valve cap off first to drain and clean, then pull the filter housing down. I know when I bought my used 2011 Evora with 20k miles, I was surprised to see a sludge buildup on the base of the plug, especially when everything else looked clean as a whistle. My guess is nobody ever bothered with removing the plug and o-ring.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the record, the first oil change is (by the book) supposed to come at 1K miles.
The dealer did the required 1K mile check up including the oil change.

I think I'll give the 2 qts. of left over oil to my local service guy. I do not recall ever adding oil to the '12 between oil changes.

I plan to change the oil/filter on this car every 5K miles. I changed oil on the '12 every 4K miles. Road conditions around here in NE Ohio are relatively benign - so no need to change the oil more frequently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts