The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a good time even though Robert's exige couldn't make it, due to mechanical issues. Glad ya came out anyway so everyone could meet everyone. Hopefully we can check it out the next meet. It was definitely a fun drive. Here are a couple of pics from pops:

And we did get hit with rain during dinner, but oh well.

We got lots of attention right before we left as robert took the pic:

I got asked if we were part of a rally lol

Next meet we will at least have 3 lotus cars out since robert will hopefully have the exige fixed. Hopefully the rest of you can make it out too! I think the meets will slowly grow as we go along.

·
Registered
195 Posts
No shots of my sweet, faux-Subaru, SAAB 9-2x Aero?

I threw in a couple of pics from the other thread and a shot of some of the soda coolers in this place for people who haven't been to Pops to get an idea of the relevance of the name.

Did any of the video from the GoPro come out ok?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
'LotusMeet' was two cars? :)

I once went to the world's worst orgy with that sort of turnout! :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I showed up but in my SAABaru as my Exige ate a brake rotor the morning of the meet, due to not paying attention to the wear on the inside pads. Oh well, that makes for a fun Labor Day weekend project.

The incoming bad weather also put a damper on some turn out. The image below was at about the time we were leaving Pops, to the NE of Oklahoma City. Besides, in Oklahoma, that was probably between 5-10% of the Lotuses registered in the state, relatively speaking...

Attachments

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'LotusMeet' was two cars? :)

I once went to the world's worst orgy with that sort of turnout! :)
Hey, get out of central plains section :thwack: lol

This was the first Oklahoma meet. 1 person had car issues the day of the meet, and another didn't want to meet because of the storm and it should have been 4 total. So there was 2 of us, and it was a blast of a drive.

Plus this is Oklahoma, not like Dallas, so our biggest meet will probably be maybe 10 cars.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I say that two cars is enough for a meet!

A few years ago our company ski day dwindled so that instead of 15 people only 3 turned out. The ski lodge had a big table set aside for us and a big welcome board. The next year we had a much bigger turnout.

So start with two and soon you'll have more.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Aw come on guys, it's all in good fun.

As for the public masturbation thing - that was one time and I have a 100 hours of community service certificate that says I'm exonerated! :)

On the real though, that's the beauty of where I live. When we do drives, we usually have upwards of 12-15 cars and have even had as much as 25 cars. Not to sound douchey, but it's quite a site to see 25 of the same 'exotic' cars in a row. I know when I was a kid I would have loved to see something like that!

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Thanks guys - looking forward to it.

The GoPro seemed to die after 14 or so min of driving. I'll try and edit some good bits and remove the stoplights :)

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Hello
Next meet I will make sure to attend.

I have a white lotus esptit 1993.

I live in Edmond.

This old player will show well by your cars.

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello
Next meet I will make sure to attend.

I have a white lotus esptit 1993.

I live in Edmond.

This old player will show well by your cars.
Awesome, I'd love to check out an esprit close up, never gotten up close and personal with one.

These are the cool sort of pics when you get a big group together!
There probably isn't that Lotuses in Oklahoma lol

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I have a feeling that would encompass every Lotus within 120 miles of Oklahoma city :)

bmw330 - I have a feeling that I know the white Esprit that is his and it is a beauty!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts