The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This will be the first actual Lotus only meet for the Tampa area. Not at a cars and coffee, or anything, just a Lotus lunch and drive! Details:

Date: June 30th, 2013
Time: 11:00am
Location: Winghouse at 8001 W Hillsborough Ave, Tampa, FL 33615

So far we SHOULD at least have 7 or 8 Lotus!

Spread the word! Let me know if you are coming or not, I am going to try and get a car count. I will arrive a little early to try to get us the front 10 spaces by the road so we can all park together. Lets hope we can beat the Florida afternoon showers!

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, if its raining that morning I'll cancel it. But if its just a little cloudy, its still on!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
FWIW...raining in the morning in one part of Tampa, indicates absolutely nothing for the weather in the afternoon lol. I recommend downloading a good weather radar app, getting good at reading FL weather patterns and predicting on your own, and keeping your fingers crossed!

I'm out for this one, work...again...

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
FWIW...raining in the morning in one part of Tampa, indicates absolutely nothing for the weather in the afternoon lol. I recommend downloading a good weather radar app, getting good at reading FL weather patterns and predicting on your own, and keeping your fingers crossed!

I'm out for this one, work...again...
We will get you out for one of these!

I hope to do a Lotus meet monthly, or bi-monthly.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
definitely..and like I said on facebook I'm always down for an ad hoc meetup for a beer or food somewhere. I have a rotating schedule and it can get pretty silly sometimes. I make it to just about everything that I'm not working for.

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I guess there aren't certain good days for you? Just depends on your schedule for that day?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
yea, and unfortunately towards the end of the month it gets hard to guess for the next month until I have my schedule in front of me. This month, the 30th just happens to be a day I have to work. Sucks, but is how my schedule is now.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'll be there, but won't be able to make the cars and coffee the following Saturday because I will be out of town.... Hello Ramy W! ha

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
See you at Winghouse on Sunday.

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I'm counting correctly, we should have 10 or 11 cars if everyone comes out thats says they are coming.

·
Such Moderate
6,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
16 cars for our first meet! What a great turnout! Stupid rain kept us from getting some good pics, or going for a drive. We will after the next meet.

·
Registered
277 Posts
ImageUploadedByAG Free1372635663.941171.jpg
Had a great time! The ride home was a little scary though with the rain. And then to top it off, as I'm getting on an on ramp, some guy talking on a cell phone nearly rear ends me. I heard his tires screech as he came to a near stop just feet behind my car. Note I didn't cut him off or even switch lanes. He was just speeding and talking on the phone. Biggest scare in the car yet

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 40 Posts