The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having catch cans made for my 2-Eleven and the fabricator plans to mount them using a bracket attached to the upper bolts for the wing. He needs to know the diameter of the bolts and the center-to-center distance between them (marked "A" in photo). If anyone happens to know it would save me having to pull the wheel and liner. Thanks.

2-11 catch can bracket.jpg

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Noah,

I just ordered a set of the Michi cannisters. If you can wait untill I get them I'll be happyu to measure the spacing.
If not, I believe there is a gent on the 2-11 forum who had it done that way and he may be able to give it to you.

Al

Oops, skip it. I mis-read the question. Never mind.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Guys,

I've got the same canisters but have yet to install. Did you know that Lotus Sport now has catch cans in their new catalog? They should have a correct mounting bracket for the 2-Eleven. A bigger question is whether they are even available, especially in the States.

Bill

·
Registered
34 Posts
Al,

I have not inquired nor would anybody within Lotus USA have a clue. The GT4, I think, had the Michi cans. Jack retrofitted the Michi cans to his 2-Eleven. The only advantage of the Lotus Sport can would be fit (correct tube lengths) and correct mounting bracket. You know that the cans from Lotus Sport would have to be more expensive than the Michi's with availability ranging from months to never!

Bill

·
Registered
337 Posts
Guys,
That is my car......

Board Message

You don't need a extra bracket. I bolted the cans directly to the upright. There is plenty of material, drilled two 1/4" holes. I'll take a pic of the other side tonight so you can see how it's mounted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts