The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2-Eleven finally made it to the track --VIR--Added VBox video

First proper outing with my 2008 2-Eleven since buying the car 5 months ago was this past weekend at VIR full course.
Quite delightful!:D

Turned 2:08.60 to 2:15s without skipping a beat.
Lotus track record in Krugman Exige cup car by my bud Jim Taggart is 2:08.39
Only .21 away!---

Hoosiers were old. They were on the car when bought it from Ron.
Temp. 90degrees.
Rear needed more downforce -- Reverie 5 element on the way.
Needs fuel starve fixed ASAP! Got tired of putting petrol in so often.

I think with retune to 260rwhp, 5 element diffuser, fresh HoHos, and cooler day, it will be capable of turning 2:04s or below:huh::cool:

Thanks to West coast 2-Eleven guys, esp. Jack, for all your help in setting it up:bow:

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
For a first outing you rock Jay! See you at NJMP Lotus Cup in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Thanks for posting this, I definitely learned some line refinements. Were those times with your behind on board slowing the thing down?

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for posting this, I definitely learned some line refinements. Were those times with your behind on board slowing the thing down?
Yep
172 lbs added weight!
Well, I did do a 2:11 early Sat. AM, thank you very much:p

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
HOLY shizzle!!! Beautiful driving. Beautiful sounds. I like how going into a braking zone you just hear acceleration, acceleration, then one downshift, then more wonderful acceleration. As an intermediate driver, this was very fun to watch and something to work towards on my end. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
I'd say that Viper ACR had over 500HP. We're doing all of 120 and it blows by us with at least a 40mph difference.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd say that Viper ACR had over 500HP. We're doing all of 120 and it blows by us with at least a 40mph difference.
Yep
Those boys were 165 mph at end of back straight --- I did get 2-Eleven to 129mph at the arrow marker on back straight

Hey Bob, Skeen in 211 was 123 mph at top of Esses before turn 10!:huh:

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
You have real data on that? I doubt I can hit 115 there at a fearless moment.

·
Registered
6,889 Posts
Yes!!
VBox data--5th gear at bridge then WOT all way up:D-eek-
123mph before top of hill.....
I'll post once I figure out how
I hit 5th at bridge and come close to WOT till downshift before SouthBend, but I believe it's something about light weight. 211 is what, 400 lbs lighter? But Jen's 50 lb lighter than you so make it 350 lb in your "configuration" Sunday?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
That poor old 500HP V10 just barely found enough straights to make you a bad memory.
ACR Vipers have 600hp. That boy seemed a little timid in the corners though. Last Viper I probably wasn't relevant but with 335's in the rear, and his are slick, I was never worried about traction.

That was a fun video.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
HOLY shizzle!!! Beautiful driving. Beautiful sounds. I like how going into a braking zone you just hear acceleration, acceleration, then one downshift, then more wonderful acceleration. As an intermediate driver, this was very fun to watch and something to work towards on my end. Thanks for sharing.
Agreed. doc thanks for posting.

These videos just make me realize how crappy of a driver I actually am! :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts